Healthcare Assistant Wales, Monmouthshire £22,258.95
Healthcare AssistantLocation: Wales, Monmouthshire | Salary: £22,258.95 | Posted: 11 Feb 2019 | Closes: 18 Feb 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
We are recruiting for a Healthcare Assistant to join our team at HMP Parc
Benefits as a Healthcare Assistant
- Salary of £22,258.95 per annum
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Employee discount scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- O2, Aviva and British Gas discounts
Various shifts available- 40 hours per week
To provide care, under supervision, for the physical needs of offenders in line with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- Provide health and social care, under supervision from a registered nurse, to ensure an efficient health and social care service is delivered in line with professional, contractual and company standards.
- Undertake assessments of offenders to report observations to registered nurse or other qualified healthcare professional as required.
- Provide advice, within area of competence to offenders as agreed with qualified healthcare professional.
- Work alongside qualified healthcare professionals to deliver clinics and treatments, including health promotion initiatives as agreed by Line Manager.
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including external agencies, to assist in ensuring the delivery of an effective health and social care service.
- Clean equipment and other items, as required, so that they remain safe, serviceable and ready to use at all times.
- Act in accordance with current procedures in order to maintain security and Health & Safety at all times.
- Complete all relevant documentation to deadline in accordance with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- Ensure the maintenance of security within the prison environment by compliance with security instructions.
- To work at all times within the bounds of confidentiality, adhering to data protection and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with appropriate others to minimise risk.
- To operate within the equality and diversity framework.
- Participate in bi annual Employee Development Review (EDR).
- Operate in accordance with G4S policies and procedures, adhering to legislation and best practice, undertaking further training as identified in conjunction with Line Manager.
- Any additional duties as negotiated with your Line Manager.
- As per NMC professional standards
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills Required:
- Experience of working within a team
- Experience of working within a healthcare environment
- Able to demonstrate a good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Experience of working with potentially aggressive people
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- NVQ Level 3 Care
- Experience of working within a secure environment
- Evidence of working within a ‘value for money’ service
- Driving License.
Jobs that might be of interest:Handy Person Semi Skilled Engineer
Apply now Plumber
Apply now Prison Custody Officer
Apply now Flexi Crisis Worker
Location: Telford, Shropshire
Apply now Nurse or Paramedic (HCP)
Location: Gloucester, Gloucestershire