Healthcare Administrator Liverpool, Liverpool £21,659.55
Healthcare AdministratorLocation: Liverpool, Liverpool | Salary: £21,659.55 | Posted: 1 Feb 2022 | Closes: 22 Mar 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10785
HMP Altcourse, Liverpool
Salary: £21,659.55 per annum
Monday to Friday - 40 hours per week
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
HMP Altcourse is a Category B local prison receiving sentenced and remand young offender and adult male prisoners from the courts in Merseyside, Cheshire and North Wales. The prison can accommodate 1,324 prisoners in safe custody.
At HMP Altcourse we are committed to providing the highest standards of healthcare to prisoners in our care. Our healthcare team is staffed 24 hours a day and is made up of qualified Nurses and Health Care Assistants.
As a Healthcare Administrator at HMP Altcourse, you will be responsible for providing an effective and efficient Administration service to the Healthcare Department and Team.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity, where no two days are the same and where you will be offered training and development appropriate to the role.
- Organise specialist appointments for detainees, liaising with relevant departments and key stakeholders and recording and documenting accordingly.
- Maintain effective work systems, ensuring that all correspondence and documentation is dealt with in a professional manner and meets audit requirements.
- Provide a full administrative service so that the needs of the functional/departmental team are met.
- Act as receptionist for the Healthcare department, receiving detainees and visitors in a courteous manner, ensuring that they are booked in and the relevant contact is notified.
- Organise and coordinate meetings, diaries, events and travel arrangements.
- Maintain comprehensive stocks of all forms and documentation required by the department.
- Collate, produce and distribute management information and statistics so that individuals and departments receive accurate up to date information to enable informed decision making.
- Deal with all routine queries so that an appropriate response is provided.
- Ensure the maintenance of security within the detention environment by compliance with security instructions.
- Work at all times within the bounds of confidentiality, adhering to data protection and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines.
- Operate within the equality and diversity framework.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience of working within a team.
- Good communication skills.
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy.
- Ability to work under your own initiative.
- Able to work effectively under pressure.
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice.
- Experience of working within a secure environment.
- Experience of working within a healthcare environment.
- NVQ / BTEC in Administration.
- Driving Licence.
- Experience of minute taking.
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients). Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise.
Please Note: If you are successful at the interview you will be required to attend site within 7 working days for a vetting interview.
It is G4S’ current policy (subject to the Equality Act 2010), in the light of the specific work being undertaken, that all [employees] must be fully vaccinated or have had the relevant [“full”]Covid-19 vaccinations [(including any “waiting period”)] by their commencement date.
Jobs that might be of interest:Customer Experience Agent - EASS
Location: Rotherham, Barnsley
Apply now Customer Experience Agent - EASS
Location: Rotherham, Barnsley
Apply now Administrator
Location: Bellshill, Scotland
Apply now Executive Assistant
Apply now Administration and Payroll Assistant
Location: IG3 8YB, Essex