Health, Safety, Fire and Environment Advisor Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire £32, 572.50
Health, Safety, Fire and Environment AdvisorLocation: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire | Salary: £32, 572.50 | Posted: 10 Jun 2022 | Closes: 6 Jul 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 11922
Health, Safety, Fire and Environment Advisor
G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services
Oakhill Secure Training Centre, Milton Keynes, MK5 6AJ
Salary £32,572.50 per annum
Permanent, Full Time, 40 hours per week
Benefits: Company Pension, free on-site parking, uniform, on-site canteen, access to High Street Shop discounts, local Gym discounts and ongoing training and development
At Oakhill Secure Training Centre we look after young people aged 12 to 18 years old who have been remanded or sentenced to periods of detention. The vulnerable young people in our care can be challenging with a wide range of social and emotional complex needs. This is an environment that calls for high standards of social care and service delivery to provide a secure and stable environment for young people to develop their life skills and address the behaviours that have led them into custody.
Oakhill Secure Training Centre works closely with the Youth Custody Services to ensure that its regimes and designs reflect best practice in residential care to prevent offending.
Job Outline: To provide professional advice, guidance and support to the management team on matters to do with the Health, Safety, Fire and the Environment and to ensure Health, Safety, Fire and Environmental standards are maintained and improved across the business stream operations.
- Advise, support and guide the management team on the implementation of the Company Health, Safety and Welfare, Fire prevention and Environmental policies and procedures and other relevant legislation, developing local policies where appropriate, to ensure that the establishment/area is run safely in line with legislative requirements and company standards.
- Undertake, plan and monitor inspections, risk assessments and audits ensuring they are carried out for all areas of the business unit/area, to ensure the safety and well being of employees and others working or present within the business establishment/area.
- Investigate and report on all accidents, near misses and H & S incidents that occur, including reporting against RIDDOR procedure, liaising with key stakeholders as necessary, to ensure that lessons learnt are acted upon and that the risk of reoccurrences are minimised.
- Assist in the development, implementation and delivery of Health, Safety, Fire and Environmental staff training programmes, to raise staff awareness of their responsibilities in respect of Health, Safety and Environmental practice.
- Monitor the environment on a daily basis, ensuring that appropriate health and safety and fire procedures are appropriate and consistently applied.
- Collate and disseminate relevant information to stakeholders to ensure best practice and to enable informed decisions to be taken.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and external agencies to ensure best practice and effective co- ordination and co-operation on Health, Safety and Environmental issues.
- Consult with environmental regulators, customers and suppliers to ensure compliance with the environmental policy.
- Support and guide the establishment in achievement of a recognised H & S and environmental accreditation.
- Provide support to the CDS HSE Manager as required
- Provide management reports on HSEF performance.
- Supporting the delivery of the G4S “Safety First” value
- Carry out any other activity that is reasonably required by Senior Management
- All staff employed by G4S has the responsibility for their own Health & Safety and to their colleagues in order to assist G4S in its obligation to achieve British Safety Council Requirements at all times.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Some experience in a similar H & S role
- Experience in fire management
- Qualified fire risk assessor
- NEBOSH Certificate or working towards
- Holding or working towards a recognised environmental qualification
- Working towards NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent
- Experience of monitoring service delivery and meeting short term objectives
- Detailed knowledge of communication tools and techniques
- Detailed knowledge of HSEF legislation
- Training qualification
- Membership of IOSH
At G4S, we invest heavily in our people. If you join us you will have a job specific induction programme to equip you with the skills and knowledge for the job. As well as ongoing support and development opportunities we offer generous holiday entitlement, company pension, an onsite gym, free onsite parking and the chance to do an extraordinary job – every day.
For more information on Oakhill Secure Training Centre please visit, https://oakhillstc.co.uk/
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds and are a fully inclusive employer who aims to support all employees to be their true selves. We are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments for either the role or during the recruitment process
G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of children and adults at risk and each employee is expected to support these goals.
Safeguarding children and young people is our primary focus and the welfare of the child is paramount. Therefore we have a corporate responsibility to ensure that the safeguarding and our G4S values are at the centre of all we do.
To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum of 3 years. You will also be required to undergo DBS enhanced level security