Health Commercial Manager London £70,000 - £80,000
Health Commercial ManagerLocation: London | Salary: £70,000 - £80,000 | Posted: 6 Nov 2018 | Closes: 18 Dec 2018 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7272
Health Commercial Manager
£70,000 - £80,000 per annum, plus £5,880 annual car allowance
Full Time - 40 hours per week
G4S Health Services UK Ltd is a national provider of Critical, Primary and Forensic healthcare services for the public and private sectors. We have delivered services to police forces and within secure sites throughout the UK since 2005, with customers in local government and the NHS.
We are unique in that we operate in all types of justice health environments: Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC). This enables us to share learnings on a wide variety of topics, from NPS trends and assessment to better linking mental health support to the community.
Our broad business experience across Justice Healthcare Services, with custody and SARC services, in particular, allows us to share best practice, innovation, and expertise and support across all regions to deliver service excellence.
To take the lead on commercial activities in the Healthcare Business, including contract management, variations, proposal pricing and business improvement activities. Working closely to support Account Managers and Heads of Service, to support delivery of the business’ strategic objectives.
- To take the lead in initiating / responding to contract variations and requests for proposals, as directed by Heads of Service and Account Managers in respect of the main client contracts, subcontractors and suppliers. To implement and maintain a robust contract management system of all sub contract relationships, ensuring that those contracts are both efficient and effective, and reporting on the performance of each contract.
- To ensure that all contractual obligations are met and that full compliance with legal and statutory contract conditions placed on the business are achieved. Raising any concerns on non-compliances with proposed remedial actions.
- To take the lead in a range of commercial projects within the business designed to improve the commercial and financial performance of contracts within the business.
- Own the contract bible and contract repository with a clear change tracker, including indexation and other key changes.
- Develop and maintain a dynamic commercial log of all relevant commercial issues within the business.
- Conduct critical review and/or audit of costs and revenue to ensure contract compliance.
- Support production of financial investment models and writing of Business Case papers, both internally and during contract negotiations with clients.
- Provide support on new business opportunities to the UK&I Business Development team.
- Working with legal colleagues, to prepare briefing and position papers in respect of commercial disputes.
- Work in collaboration with other G4S businesses and support functions (Procurement, Shared Services, IT, HR) to maximise efficiencies and implement best practice.
- To ensure that there is adequate contract governance framework, including periodic performance reporting.
- Act in accordance with security and operational instructions at all times.
This role profile is not exhaustive and will include any other tasks which are reasonably deemed appropriate to support the business.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Business / Finance degree
- 3+ years Contract Management and Commercial experience, including public sector service contracts
- Strong analytical skills Good communication, presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently and establish process all within tight deadlines
- Experience in working with operational leaders with limited commercial experience
- Multiple Site Experience
- Demonstrable project management experience
- Experience of outsourcing and health business sectors
- Proficiency in MS office suite and MI tools
- Lead and implement change projects and business monitoring tools
- Manage exacting demands in a complex environment
- Project Management.
- Proficiency in automated MI tools
- Contract negotiation and turnaround
- 5+ years postqualified accountant
- Experience of bid models
Company car or £5,880 annual allowance
Pension Scheme – 8% contribution
Life Assurance– 3 times annual salary
This vacancy will close if sufficient applications are received. Please note previous applicants need not apply.
Jobs that might be of interest:Mental Health Ambulance Care Assistant- UCLH
Location: Bloomsbury, Greater London
Apply now Mental Health Ambulance Care Assistant- Queen Elizabeth Hospital
Location: Woolwich, Greater London
Apply now Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner - Doctor
Location: Slough, Berkshire
Apply now Ambulance Driver (ACA) - Barking Havering & Redbridge
Location: London, Greater London
Apply now Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner - Nurse
Location: Slough, Berkshire