Health Care Assistant Gatwick £22,258.95
Health Care AssistantLocation: Gatwick | Salary: £22,258.95 | Posted: 24 Jan 2019 | Closes: 21 Mar 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
Recruitment fair on Saturday 2nd March at the Hilton Brighton Metropole
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
Do you want an exciting, fast passed diverse place to work? If that is what you are looking for come to Gatwick IRC’s! You will never complain of being bored as no day is the same and every day you will learn something new. Gatwick PDA and Borders is the only facility in the UK which makes us unique. If you are looking for a new job or to further your career apply now before it is too late!
Gatwick IRC’s Gatwick PDA and Borders is over two sites. IRC is an Immigration Removal Centre located on the outskirts of Gatwick Airport. Brook House IRC holds up to 486 men over the age of 18, in shared rooms over 4 wings and Eden Wing. Tinsley House IRC holds up to 162 men over the age of 18, in shared rooms over two floors. Gatwick PDA and Borders is located inside Tinsley but kept separate from the men. Gatwick PDA hold up to two pre planned families. Border families can arrive without pre warning, holds up to one family. Tinsley IRC was recently refurbished in 2016/17 and Gatwick PDA and Borders is immaculate with well-kept outside gardens and play facilities for children.
At Gatwick we provide primary care in a range of clinics, which include but is not limited to Dressings / Venepuncture/ Nurse Triage / Smoking Cessation / Chronic Disease clinics / Sleep Hygiene Techniques. We run drop in clinics every day and also have a booking appointment system. We have doctors attend site each day and on call facilities if needed. We have a visiting psychiatrist once a week, dentist fortnightly and optician monthly. We do not have any inpatient beds, therefore patients who need emergency care will be sent out to hospital or transferred to a centre that has those facilities. The needs of the men range from Physical / Social Care to Mental Health conditions. Gatwick IRC’s also has a dedicated Forward Team (Drug Alcohol Recovery) who mainly work at Brook House and visit Tinsley once a week. We also administer medication up to 4 times a day at both sites; at Brook House only this includes Controlled Drugs (CD’s) and Opiate Substitution Treatment (OST).
We are a team with experience in a variety of specialities from General, Learning Disabilities, Mental Health & Pharmacy Technician. Our dedicated team encourage nurses to develop and improve specific specialist roles e.g. Diabetes / Health promotion / Blood Pressure
At Gatwick IRC we are close to the M25 for easy access. We have a free staff car park at both sites and free canteen lunch at Tinsley.
We are recruiting for a Health Care Assitstant to join our team at Gatwick IRC.
Benefits as a Health Care Assistant:
- Salary of £22,258.95 per annum
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Employee discount scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- O2, Aviva and British Gas discounts
Full Time - 40 hours per week
To provide care, under supervision, for the physical needs of offenders in line with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- Provide health and social care, under supervision from a registered nurse, to ensure an efficient health and social care service is delivered in line with professional, contractual and company standards.
- Undertake assessments of offenders to report observations to registered nurse or other qualified healthcare professional as required.
- Provide advice, within area of competence to offenders as agreed with qualified healthcare professional.
- Work alongside qualified healthcare professionals to deliver clinics and treatments, including health promotion initiatives as agreed by Line Manager.
- Liaise with key stakeholders, including external agencies, to assist in ensuring the delivery of an effective health and social care service.
- Clean equipment and other items, as required, so that they remain safe, serviceable and ready to use at all times.
- Act in accordance with current procedures in order to maintain security and Health & Safety at all times.
- Complete all relevant documentation to deadline in accordance with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- Ensure the maintenance of security within the prison environment by compliance with security instructions.
- To work at all times within the bounds of confidentiality, adhering to data protection and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with appropriate others to minimise risk.
- To operate within the equality and diversity framework.
- Participate in bi annual Employee Development Review (EDR).
- Operate in accordance with G4S policies and procedures, adhering to legislation and best practice, undertaking further training as identified in conjunction with Line Manager.
- Any additional duties as negotiated with your Line Manager.
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills Required:
- Experience of working within a team
- Experience of working within a healthcare environment
- Able to demonstrate a good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Experience of working with potentially aggressive people
- Evidence of ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.
Jobs that might be of interest:Bank Health Care Assistant
Apply now Registered Mental Health Nurse
Location: Gatwick, West Sussex
Apply now Bank Nurse / Paramedic
Location: Gatwick, West Sussex
Apply now Nurse / RGN
Location: Gatwick, West Sussex
Apply now Ambulance Driver (ACA) - Barking Havering & Redbridge
Location: London, Greater London