Health and Safety Administrator (Mogalakwena) - G4S Secure Solutions - South Africa Mogalakwena Market related
Health and Safety Administrator (Mogalakwena) - G4S Secure Solutions - South AfricaLocation: Mogalakwena | Salary: Market related | Posted: 23 Nov 2020 | Closes: 30 Nov 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Cash Solutions | Region / Division: Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/2716490/201105
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
Health and Safety Administrator
G4S has a vacancy for a Health and Safety Administrator based in Mogalakwena.
Reporting to the Manager, the Health and Safety Administrator is responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely administration/completion of the occupational health and safety process in line with company policies and procedures.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which support plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Main purpose of the position:
To provide administrative support to the Health and Safety department
Administration Support for Quality Assurance System and Managers
- Distribution of the yearly audit schedule
- Other admin as may be required
- Follow-up on corrective action reports (ISO requirement)
- Upkeep of the National Audit register (ISO requirement)
- Coordinating role between managers
Assisting in ISO certification process
- Provide administrative support to the Department, ensuring that all deadlines are met.
- Co-ordinate all travel arrangements for the Department and external auditors
- Carry out filing and general administrative work
- Collation and submission/distribution of the various quality reports within the Department
- Control of Records/documents (ISO requirement)
- Administration if ISO documentation (ISO requirement)
- Revision of policies, procedures and availability of these approved documents at point of use
Administration Support for Health & Safety processes
- Reconciliation of Health and Safety Committee minutes for 65 Health and Safety committees for presentation to Exco.
- Reconciliation of all Health and Safety audit findings for presentation to Exco.
- Ensure reporting of incidents to relevant regulatory authorities and G4S levels.
- Maintenance of Health and Safety Statistics.
- Assisting in completion of H and S documents required for tenders.
- Compiling of monthly Health and Safety reporting to Africa.
- Compiling of monthly Health and Safety reporting to Exco.
- Compiling of Environmental reports.
- Administration and maintenance of various Health and Safety documents and files required by the Health and Safety management system.
Health and Safety (as every employee's responsibility)
- Participate in the design / development / review / implementation and monitoring of the branch /region / national safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks.
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people.
- Discuss all safety incidents on all levels.
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting / committee / representative / management.
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes.
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace.
- Distribute safety information as and when required.
- Wear protective clothing all the time.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Up to 3 years relevant experience
- Basic knowledge and understanding of quality assurance
- Basic knowledge of the applicable legislation and regulations related to ISO certification
- Basic knowledge and understanding of Health Safety and Environment
Skills and Attributes:
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Power Point, Excel, Visio)
- Good time management skills
- Effective organizational capabilities
- Conceptual thinking skills (integrating data, linking different kinds of information
- Acting professionally
- Working with complexity
- Attention to detail
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- We act with Integrity and Respect - Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
- We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence - We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
- We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork - We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
For more information on G4S, please visit: www.g4s.com
Jobs that might be of interest: