Head of Security , United Kingdom Up to 65000
Head of SecurityLocation: , United Kingdom | Salary: Up to 65000 | Posted: 11 Jul 2022 | Closes: 8 Sep 2022 | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: 608
all the Security team staff through leadership of your supervisors. You are responsible for the entire estate
security and as such need to lead by example and ensure that all of your staff are both welcoming and
representative of the ‘six star’ feel of the estate and the client we are representing. You will be responsible to
identifying strategic threats to the estate and developing mitigation plans.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensuring all posts are staffed daily with fully trained, fully uniformed, fully equipped staff.
- Attending meetings as and when required.
- Conducting audits and ensuring staff are compliant with their KPI’s.
- Staff development, appraisals, one2one meetings and disciplinary hearings.
- Monitoring staff appraisal and talent management.
- Keeping documentation and reporting up to date and accurate.
- Conducting risk assessments across the estate, updating where necessary.
- Monitoring the SOP’s for every position, ensuring they remain updated and current.
- To take ownership of any problems presented to you by your staff, client, residents or visitors, ensuring satisfactory outcomes to their queries.
- To uphold the ‘six-star customer service’ attitude through leadership.
- To work in tangent with the other teams following the Estates ‘One Team’ ethos.
- Liaison with the AUS team to organise requirements for equipment, uniform and external training.
- Liaison with the AUS recruitment team and buildings managers for new staff interview, review and
- Strategic threat identification and mitigation
- Liaising with Police, Local Authority and stakeholders in the immediate area, sharing intelligence and working together.
- Managing intelligence flows from GSOC
The successful candidate will hold both an SIA Door Supervisor and SIA CCTV Licence.
- The Head of security should display a thorough and appropriate working knowledge of estate, residential and construction security operations and be alert to any such security risks identified.
- Thorough and appropriate knowledge of regulations and working laws that govern the security and safety of staff, visitors, contractors and colleagues; and be able to demonstrate and offer workable theories and solutions should any such regulation/law be breached.
- Understand and demonstrate a working knowledge of roster hours’ compilation, to effectively manage all requirements of the Working Time Directive within a demanding operational framework.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with both senior and subordinate Security Team Members. Written ability and accurate numeracy is required in order to prepare working rosters; complete billable hours forecasts; service credit returns; and various other reports and personnel forms in use by the Company.
- The ability to be able to proficiently use associated security technologies is essential – this to include the operation and use of basic IT packages.
Jobs that might be of interest: