Head of Residence Wolverhampton £50,000
Head of ResidenceLocation: Wolverhampton | Salary: £50,000 | Posted: 13 Jan 2022 | Closes: 10 Feb 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 11161
HEAD OF RESIDENCE
G4S Care & Rehabilitation Services
HMP Oakwood, Wolverhampton, WV10 7QD
Salary £50,000 per annum
Permanent, Full Time (40 hours per week)
Benefits: Company Pension, free on-site parking, on-site canteen, local Gym discounts, ongoing training and development and access to High Street Shop discounts.
HMP Oakwood is an innovative prison which has been highlighted by Her Majesty’s Inspectorate of Prisons as an “Impressive institution, with a culture of decency and respect. Driven by courageous leadership, excellent peer-led initiatives and outstanding management of learning and skills provisions”.
Within Care and Rehabilitation Services, the philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe and causes of prison stress are minimised. Central to our philosophy is the relationship between staff and prisoners. Our training and operational practices emphasise the need to treat prisoners with dignity and respect and G4S staff build positive and supportive relationships with the prisoners in their care. HMP Oakwood is one of the largest prisons in England and Wales, providing places for up to approximately 2100 Category C male prisoners.
We are looking for a dynamic and engaging individual who has substantial managerial experience within a custodial environment to ensure efficient and effective operation of the residential units to meet contractual and company requirements.
- Manage a secure and effective residential environment for offenders to ensure the safety, security and control of the prison.
- Manage the prison population to ensure that the regime targets are achieved.
- Manage and control the relevant budgets to meet financial parameters.
- Coach and support staff to maximise their performance and ensure values, ethical standards, equality and diversity, policies and procedures and contractual requirements are met.
- Regularly visit all areas of the prison to ensure compliance with relevant standards and that offender needs are met.
- Perform the role of Duty Director, as and when required, in accordance with security instructions and relevant standards to ensure that the operation runs effectively, including monitoring effective ACCT and Violence Reduction systems to minimise suicides, self-harm and bullying within the prison.
- Oversee the operation of the Segregation Unit ensuring all mandatory procedures are followed and that partnerships with the Controllers team, Adjudicators and Independent visiting judges are professional and effective at all times. (HMP Altcourse and HMP Wolds only).
- Establish and develop an effective Incentives and Earned Privileges Scheme for prisoners so that a fair system of reward is in place. (HMP Rye Hill and HMP Wolds only).
- Implement and monitor an effective ACCT System & violence reduction policy to minimise suicides, self harm and incidents of bullying and violence within the prison.
- Promote the diversity strategy to ensure it is developed, implemented and embedded into the prison culture.
- Assist in the promotion of creating a positive Health & Safety culture to achieve and maintain recognition as a British Safety Council 5 Star business unit.
- Adjudicate prisoners in line with prison service standards to ensure hearings are conducted fairly, justly and impartially.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Qualified PCO
- Substantial managerial experience within a custodial environment
- Ability to use IT systems
- Experience of project/ work planning, monitoring and reviewing
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and ability to interpret financial information
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from all backgrounds and are a fully inclusive employer who aims to support all employees to be their true selves. We are happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments for either the role or during the recruitment process
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S and the Secretary of State for the Home Office and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:Prison Custody Officer - Residential
Apply now Prison Custody Officer - Residential
Apply now Prison Custody Officer - Residential
Apply now Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Location: Wolverhampton, Birmingham
Apply now HR Administrator