Head of Procurement: ESS Supply Chain and Sub-Contractors London or UK based. Role will involve some travel Competitive
Head of Procurement: ESS Supply Chain and Sub-ContractorsLocation: London or UK based. Role will involve some travel | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 6 Oct 2021 | Closes: 17 Oct 2021 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Region / Division: Group | Reference: G4S/MS/2198
Competitive salary, 25 days holiday plus Bank/Public Holidays, Private Medical Insurance, Company Car/Allowance, Bonus
G4S is part of Allied International. Since 1957, Allied Universal® has built its organisation under a single purpose: to keep people safe so our communities can thrive. As a leading global security and facility services provider, we deliver proactive services, cutting-edge technology, and tailored solutions to allow clients to focus on their core business.
With global employees of over 800,000 and revenue $18 Billion, it is our employees who are at the heart of everything we do. The best security solutions begin with a comprehensive proactive risk-based approach where we assess our customer’s unique needs and offer a tailored program to solve their security challenges. This allows us to be our clients’ first line of defence, predict threats in real-time, and plan for the unplanned. The result is more secure businesses and the comfort of knowing that those businesses, assets, and lives are safe.
Our customised state-of-the-art technology solutions provide full lifecycle support to ensure the safety and security of our client’s personnel, property and assets. We take pride in our extensive knowledge in a range of specialty sectors such as Healthcare, Commercial Real Estate, Education, Manufacturing, Retail, Government and Corporate Campuses, and more.
The Head of Procurement: ESS supply chain and subcontractors will drive economic value across all regions by leading the implementation of both regional and local procurement strategies that deliver measurable improvements in cost, quality & service. Work closely with business units and stakeholders, ensuring alignment between organisation needs and Procurement objectives.
- Recognised Global Procurement Category Leader for the Security Technology supply chain distribution and sub-contractors in the eyes of the business and the procurement team.
- Ensure that the procurement function is front and centre of all supplier commercial negotiations
- Drive G4S Distribution outsourcing and implementation strategies
- Develop and deliver value add strategies for the sourcing of ESS Sub-contractors
- Accountable where relevant for line management and workload management of the category managers and senior buyers. Ensuring his/her team follows agreed processes and governance.
- Able to persuade and challenge effectively Regional EXCOM members. Driving and steering the strategic category agenda with the business executive leaders.
- Develop and implement and align the Security Technology category sourcing strategies ensuring alignment with the overall regional and business strategies.
- Lead strategic procurement initiatives and build positive working relationships with senior stakeholders, developing appropriate engagement processes to successfully influence procurement investment, budget and planning cycles
- Provide strategic Bid advice on behalf of Procurement to relevant businesses, whist giving industry insight to the Country Leaders and account managers
- Stakeholder management of appropriate members of G4S within the relevant business functions in relations to the Security Technology distribution and subcontractor category strategies and procurement relationship.
- Accountable for the successful roll-out of large, more complex supplier relationships/category/outsource
- Leads the category managers on major cross border strategic procurement initiatives and build positive working relationships with senior stakeholders, developing appropriate engagement processes to successfully influence procurement investment, budget and planning cycles 2 of 2
- Senior stakeholder management of appropriate members of G4S within the relevant business functions in relations to the Security Technology category strategies and procurement relationship. § Develop a 3-5 year category strategy for the major spend categories, with annual review with the Group Procurement Category Director, including a clear and creditable opportunities pipeline (3 year vision) ensuring integration into the Global benefits trackers and demand calendar
- Liaise with the Country Business leaders to ensure that country required are understood and assimilated into the tender/category plans
- Accountable for supporting the annual Procurement Category targets (consists of both the local & regional projects). Ensuring savings are realised, signed-off and tracked in-line with the Group Procurement policy
- Drive business Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and behaviours with deep subject matter expertise to support the country Heads of Procurement in driving value through the contract lifecycle.
- Drive team to constantly monitor supplier market and identify opportunities resulting from new product offerings and/or market shifts (e.g. entry or exit of suppliers, changes in pricing, risk on category).
- Monitor buying channel and PSL compliance for each category and support the heads of category in driving corrective action to achieve target compliance.
- Work with Operational teams to develop and implement suitable internal and external supply chains and management structures
The Ideal Candidate:
- Able to influence key stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
- A self-starter, able to identify procurement opportunities, articulates the benefits and delivers the out with support from the Cluster Leader.
- A passion for driving real change and challenging the status quo across the country
- Prepared to travel within country
Essential Skills and Experiences
- Ability to influence, persuade, challenge key &diverse stakeholders at senior levels
- Demonstrable experience in a professional purchasing / buying environment
- Strong commercial acumen
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility at times for Global travel
- Excellent written & oral communication skills. Ability to present effectively to all audience levels and able to network across the business
Desirable Skills and Experiences
- Strong influencing and communication skills
- Must be confident in challenging others, whilst at the same time maintaining and building a professional relationship
- Personal resilience and drive to succeed and achieve against targets
- An ability to work with ambiguity whilst making decisions that are commercially sound. Able to translate proposals from models to planned activities
- Professional procurement qualification
- Formal purchasing qualification preferable.
- Category specialism qualification/or membership of relevant professional bodies.
- Project management preferable
Jobs that might be of interest:Director of Speak Out
Location: London or UK based. Role will involve some travel
Apply now Section Manager
Location: Battersea SW8 4UG
Apply now Section Manager
Apply now Service Delivery Manager (Region) - North Peace Regional Airport - Fort St John
Location: Fort St John, BC
Apply now Service Delivery Manager (Region) - Kelowna International Airport
Location: Kelowna, BC