Head of Healthcare Rugby, Warwickshire £45,000- £50,941
Head of HealthcareLocation: Rugby, Warwickshire | Salary: £45,000- £50,941 | Posted: 16 Aug 2021 | Closes: 6 Sep 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10151
Head of Healthcare
HMP Ryehill, CV23 8SZ
40 hours per week
£45,000-£50,941 per annum
About our site:
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
HMP Rye Hill is situated in Willoughby, near Rugby, Warwickshire and is a category B training prison.
- The Head of Healthcare will be accountable for the operational delivery of primary care services provided by G4S Health Services and its subcontractors for the prison and will be the Care Quality Commission (CQC) registered manager. This will also include working with the prison and partners to coordinate healthcare provision and ensure appropriate governance and quality assurance processes are in place.
- Provide comprehensive reports including Clinical Dashboard and relevant NHS Health and Justice specific compliance against Key Lines of Enquiry (KLOE) indicators and manage the service within its financial framework.
- Develop and maintain compliance with policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure that community service delivery models meet the needs of patients and deliver improved outcomes for patients across patient pathways.
- Provide operational management and leadership to the prison clinical teams and visiting professionals.
- Provide coordination and oversight of multi-agency partnerships and work effectively with other prisons and secondary care providers across the region
- Manage and contribute to the development of healthcare services within the prison to establish an equivalence of care to that of the NHS, operating within prison service standards Prison Service Instructions, National Service Frameworks & NICE guidance
- Link and contribute to the strategic planning & development for Justice Health and contribute to the development of G4S Healthcare Services
- Ensure effective and constructive working relationships and exercise accountability to both G4S Health Services and the establishment Director.
- Ensure appropriate quality assurance processes are in place.
- Establish and facilitate links with appropriate providers of educational and training programmes assisting in the development of learning placements.
- To be flexible to the needs of the service and partnership organisations.
- Provide cross cluster prison healthcare management support in the absence of peers and deputise for the Associate Director when required.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Appropriate equivalent management experience within a clinical environment
- Senior leadership experience and ability to operate within a complex delivery environment
- Knowledge of current issues within healthcare and new models of care within primary care and substance misuse
- Knowledge of and experience of delivering services within the required regulatory frameworks
- Relationship management abilities
- Registered Nurse or equivalent healthcare qualification.
- Educated to degree level
- Leadership qualification
- Service mapping and process redesign
- Understanding of National prison initiatives and innovations relevant to the development of prison Healthcare services
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics )
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients). Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a minimum 5 year checkable employment and education history including criminal record vetting.
To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
If you are successful at the interview stage, you will be required to complete all vetting paperwork within 7 working days.