Head of Healthcare £48,500 to £59,000
Head of HealthcareLocation: | Salary: £48,500 to £59,000 | Posted: 24 Jan 2019 | Closes: 21 Mar 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
Head of Healthcare
HMP Northumberland - Morpeth, Northumberland
£48,500 to £59,000 (Starting salary dependent on qualifications and experience)
Full Time - 40 hours per week
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all Justice Health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
Benefits as Head of Healthcare:
- Salary of £48,500 to £59,000 per annum
- 5 weeks annual leave allowance
- 4% Company pension scheme with 8% employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Employee discount scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- O2, Aviva and British Gas discounts
The Head of Healthcare will be accountable for the operational delivery of prison healthcare services provided by G4S and its subcontractors into HMP Northumberland and will be the CQC registered manager for G4S services contract. This will also include working with the prison and partners to coordinate healthcare provision and ensure appropriate governance and quality assurance processes are in place. Develop and maintain compliance with policies, procedures and guidelines. Provide comprehensive reports including Clinical Dashboard and relevant NHS Health and Justice specific compliance against KLOE indicators manage the service within its financial framework. As the Head of Healthcare you will be responsible for ensuring that community service delivery models meet the needs of patients and deliver improved outcomes for patients across patient pathways.
- Provide operational management and leadership to the prison clinical teams and visiting professionals.
- Provide coordination and oversight of multi-agency partnerships and work effectively with other prisons and secondary care providers across the region
- Manage and contribute to the development of healthcare services within the prison to establish an equivalence of care to that of the NHS, operating within prison service standards Prison Service Instructions, National Service Frameworks & NICE guidance
- Link and contribute to the strategic planning & development for North East Offender
- Health and contribute to the development of G4S healthcare services
- Ensure effective and constructive working relationships and exercise accountability to both G4S and the Governing Governor.
- Ensure appropriate quality assurance processes are in place.
- Establish and facilitate links with appropriate providers of educational and training programmes assisting in the development of learning placements.
- To be flexible to the needs of the service and partnership organisations.
- Provide cross cluster prison healthcare management support in the absence of peers and deputise for the Associate Director North East Prisons when required.
- Contribute to providing senior management support and advice to the North East
- Offender Health out of hours via a formal on-call system. Developing, implementing and monitoring ongoing development of services.
- Liaison with appropriate stakeholders to support the ongoing development of Offender Health.
- Producing informative and detailed reports and presentations that represent the complexity of the environment and situations and include proactive corrective action planning, working to tight deadlines.
- Participate in multi-agency performance and quality assurance processes.
- Facilitating and promoting the development of a multi-skilled and flexible workforce.
- Developing new systems, roles and models and pathways of care delivery.
- Undertake clinical audit of nursing practice in line with agreed audit schedules
- The post holder will contribute to both CQC and NOMS joint inspections
- Contribute to continuously improving the patient experience through effective patient engagement and quality initiatives.
- To undertake performance reviews for direct reports on an annual basis ensuring feedback on performance is given at regular intervals throughout the year.
- Communicate effectively with your team on a timely basis ensuring robust systems exist so that all staff is kept informed.
- Responsibility for all Risk Management and Health and Safety in the workplace.
- Undertake and participate in recruitment and selection of staff and implement induction probationary procedures in line with HR Management.
- Appraise and supervise direct reports in-line with G4S policy and procedure.
The Ideal Candidate:
- As Head of Healthcare you will need to be a Registered General Nurse or have an equivalent healthcare qualification.
- Appropriate equivalent management experience within a clinical environment
- Senior leadership experience and ability to operate within a complex delivery environment
- Knowledge of current issues within healthcare and new models of care within primary care and substance misuse
- Knowledge of and experience of delivering services within the required regulatory frameworks
- Relationship management abilities
- Evidence of service improvement capability and change management
- Effective partnership working in complex environments.
- Knowledge of supervisory frameworks and skilled in providing supervision to senior nursing staff
- Knowledge and understanding of performance and quality frameworks and SI Frameworks and Death in Custody processes
- High level of IT literacy, Excel and Performance reporting skills
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Car driver
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.