Head of Fleet and Capital Equipment, Procurement UK&I Victoria, London Competitive plus car allowance + benefits
Head of Fleet and Capital Equipment, Procurement UK&ILocation: Victoria, London | Salary: Competitive plus car allowance + benefits | Posted: 25 Feb 2019 | Closes: 5 Mar 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
- Drive a commercial mind-set in Fleet and Capital Equipment and in all associated procurement activities. Ensure that the procurement function is front and centre of all supplier commercial negotiations.
- Be recognised as the Procurement Leader of all category spend within region for Leases, Vehicle Purchase, Fleet Maintenance, Accident Management, Fuel, Vehicle Conversions, Parts/Tyres & Capital Equipment
- Anticipate the changing needs of the business and ensure that the Fleet and Capital Equipment supply chain is fit for purpose, enabling G4S to deliver service excellence.
- Responsible for leading the Cash Solutions UK Procurement relationship
- To coach their team to deliver value through advanced Procurement Levers
- Provide effective insight to Regional Executive Committee members. Achieve this through bringing forward robust strategic and tactical initiatives and persuade senior stakeholders that these are capable of implementation and will drive P&L step change improvement and/or operational efficiency.
- Ensure that they and their team fully understand the businesses they support and thus be able to react to day to day business challenges with solutions. Lead major strategic procurement initiatives and build positive working relationships with senior stakeholders, developing appropriate engagement processes to successfully influence procurement investment, budget and planning cycles Be a strong interface between procurement and finance, responsible for: escalating supplier payment issues; delivering quarterly savings forecasting; tracking actual savings to budget and P&L.
- Accountable for line and workload management of direct reports ensuring they follow agreed processes and governance.
- Work with Operational teams to develop and implement suitable internal and external supply chains and management structures
- Own key strategic supplier relationships within their categories.
- Ensure procurement resource is made available to support strategic bids and provide suitable supplier commercial models, including customer flow downs, for supply chain pricing.
- Responsible for the creation, monitoring, reporting and delivery of the Fleet and Capital Equipment Regional Procurement, financial and non-financial annual targets.
- Develop and implement the Fleet and Capital Equipment category sourcing strategies in alignment with the overall business requirements.
- Accountable for the successful roll-out of large, more complex supplier relationships/category management strategies.
- Ensure regular market testing and benchmarking is performed to ensure maintenance of market competitiveness, value for money and best practice
- Drive a supplier risk reduction agenda
- The development of direct reports and embedding a culture of procurement excellence and best practice, maximizing individual strengths and developing talent
- Providing category knowledge, expertise and resource support to non UK&I regions when necessary.
- Support and able to deputise for Group Head of Fleet and Capital Equipment Supply Chain Procurement to drive the procurement agenda and strategy across G4S group aligning regional requirements with Global initiatives.
- To be able to react quickly to unplanned operational problems and trouble shoot to understand route cause and prevent re-occurrence’s.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Demonstrable experience in a professional purchasing role, preferably within a FTSE 100 company
- Excellent sourcing and contract management skills in the procurement of Facilities Management
- Ability to influence, persuade, challenge key &diverse stakeholders at senior levels
- Strong analytical and strategic problem-solving skills
- Ability to manage fluctuating workloads with a flexible approach to the fulfilment of work commitments.
- Experienced coaching and development skills, with experience of engaging and leading a team
- Strong influencing and communication skills, using a range of techniques to best effect.
- Experienced negotiator, with ability to think on feet and make decisions under pressure. Track record of effective team working with legal, procurement and technical professionals.
- Must be confident in challenging others, whilst at the same time maintaining and building a professional relationship
- Personal resilience and drive to succeed. Self-motivated to achieve against targets
- Excellent written & oral communication skills. Ability to present effectively to all audience levels and able to network across the business and supply chain
- An ability to work with ambiguity whilst making decisions that are commercially sound.
Jobs that might be of interest:Cash Centre Manager
Location: Harlow, Essex
Apply now Property Manager
Location: Victoria, London
Apply now Section Manager Cash Centre
Location: Nine Elms SW8
Apply now Site Manager
Location: Bromley, United Kingdom
Apply now Contract Administrator
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom