Hard FM Water Hygiene Technician Cheltenham 26,500 - 32,500
Hard FM Water Hygiene TechnicianLocation: Cheltenham | Salary: 26,500 - 32,500 | Posted: 30 Jul 2019 | Closes: 30 Sep 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/US/4823
With the ever-changing facilities management industry, it is important that the Employer you choose is ready to take you and your career as far as you would like. As a leading security and Facilities Management company, G4S improves the lives of millions of people across the UK, Ireland and the Channel Islands, by creating productive, safe and smooth working environments.
We provide integrated FM services in a wide range of environments, including: head offices, retail stores, utility plants, manufacturing sites, health settings, secure environments, and prestigious buildings.
We run large TFM contracts
We provide FM in Hospitals and Secure establishments
We provide FM services to Health and School buildings
G4S, the leading global security and outsourcing group, specialises in outsourcing of business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 120 countries and over 620,000 employees.
- Undertake domestic water hygiene activities including but not limited to: temperature monitoring, flushing, microbiological sampling and chemical analysis, chemical dosing and sterilisation, calorifier and softener maintenance, water tank inspection and cleaning, humidifier / air con and air handling unit maintenance, irrigation system maintenance, shower de-scaling and sterilisation, TRV maintenance, closed system maintenance and other water hygiene related activities.
- Undertake cooling tower water hygiene activities including but not limited to: microbiological sampling and chemical analysis, chemical dosing and sterilisation, cooling tower cleaning, RO plant maintenance, softener maintenance and replenishment, chemical monitoring and replenishment, water tank inspection and cleaning, cooling tower inspection and maintenance activities.
- Ensure compliance to the water hygiene scheme of precautions.
- Complete all water hygiene documentation and log books to ensure there is an audit trail to demonstrate compliance.
- Ensure the water hygiene defect log is completed with any equipment failures, out of parameter results.
- Undertake and / or oversee subsequent water hygiene remedial activities.
- Maintain all cooling tower, RO plant, softener plant, humidifier and domestic water related plant.
- Understand and implement, where necessary, all water hygiene escalation and equipment operating procedures in the event of an out of parameter results, elevated bacterial count or maintenance activity.
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance (PPM), inspection and test testing tasks.
- Carry out reactive / corrective / repair works
- Assist in the provision of information to support the specification for, and costing of minor new works or reactive repairs.
- Keep plant and work areas clean and tidy.
- Use the computer aided facilities management system to allocate a record completed tasks.
- Use the Building management System to analyses system operating conditions and fault analysis.
- Raise appropriate paperwork to procure parts / supplies to enable PPM and reactive tasks can be completed.
- Possess and apply a good understanding of health and safety regulations including COSHH risk assessments.
- Develop and maintain day to day contact with client representatives.
- Live G4S values.
- Act as a G4S ambassador in all interactions with client and contractor representatives
- Adhere to corporate security policies.
- Identify training and development to satisfy corporate objectives and define succession plans.
- Carry out other tasks as and when required by management.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Accurate and methodical mind-set
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good administration skills.
- Experience of working in a hard facilities maintenance environment
- City & Guilds Water Hygiene.
- Legionella awareness
- Legionella Hot & Cold water systems
- Disinfection of water systems Domestic
- Disinfection of water systems cooling towers
- Experience in operating and maintaining cooling towers, RO plant, water tanks, calorifiers and softening plant.
- Good team organisational skills
- Organisational and environmental awareness
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work under pressure
Jobs that might be of interest:French Bilingual Bid Writer