Hard FM ManagerLocation: LE3 1HR | Salary: £47,000 | Posted: 12 Feb 2024 | Closes: 11 Mar 2024 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: UK Facilities Management | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 15303
HARD FM MANAGER
Salary: £47,000 per annum
Working Hours: Permanent, Full Time, 40 hours per week (Mon - Fri)
Location: Hybrid working Home/Leicester, LE3 1HR
Excellent company benefits including Contributory Pension and a Company Car
At G4S Facilities Management we are passionate about the services we deliver; and our facilities management professionals are at the heart of everything that we do.
The PFI contract comprises schools and health buildings across the country and employs over 400 staff.
This role would be based in the Leicester Schools PFI, covering four schools where G4S FM provides cleaning, mechanical and electrical systems, premises management and full Lifecycle.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Hard FM Manager to join our team. This is a full time role working 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday between 8am and 5pm, however there is a requirement to work flexibly to meet the needs of the business.
As a senior member of the Hard Services team you will provide statutory, mandatory and industry best practice operational advice, guidance and support to operational management. You will be responsible for all directly employed labour and ensure the service delivery team is trained and competent for their roles and manage an upskilling programme for staff. The primary focus will be reactive and planned task management, although some involvement may be sought in supporting other related areas of the FM business such as Lifecycle and Variation works.
- Manage Hard Services so that a compliant service is delivered in line with strategy, legislation and corporate policy through the Hard Services Supervisor (where applicable) and Engineers, within budget.
- Ensuring that Service Level Agreement and Key Performance Indicators are met consistently.
- Monitor and control engineering costs including materials, equipment, consumables, labour, overtime, purchasing card spend, fuel etc.
- Management and control of Hard Services subcontractors and associated works; including competency due diligence and leading on Regular Performance meetings with key contractors.
- Support Facilities Managers and Account Managers providing technical expertise and resolving major hard services issues. Attend client liaison meetings and provide reports when required.
- Undertake the appointment of responsible person for water management, fire management and other key appointments i.e. water, electrical, mechanical, HVAC, gas, confined space, LOLER, PSSR etc.
- Working with G4S Project Management Office and preparation of the Life Cycle & Maintenance plans for 1 -5 years through to instigation of works, working with G4S Lifecycle Manager and Project Managers.
- Lead in regards to Health and Safety and ensure Health & Safety is proactively managed and G4S targets are achieved.
- Support with swift closure of actions following internal and external audits.
- To audit and maintain the asset register within the contract.
- Review helpdesk reactive and remedial tasks to support hard services delivery.
- Ensure all statutory and mandatory PPMs are planned and undertaken safely and on time in line with the PPM plan.
- Liaise with Compliance lead to ensure all completed tasks and any remedial actions are jeopardy managed, completed and evidenced as required.
- Maintain knowledge of new technology, innovation and emerging new products, ensuring potential procurement of such items is commercially viable and appropriate to the business.
- Oversee the recruitment, induction and development of Supervisors and Engineers.
- Support the on-going training programme to provide all technical and safety training as and when required for all colleagues.
- Monitor and review all staff performance on an on-going basis and through the completion of the annual group and/or individual appraisal process.
- Manage all team relation issues on site, including suspensions, disciplinary actions, grievances, redundancies, and absences.
- Ensure value for money is obtained on all expenditure.
- Deputise for the Head of Technical Services when required.
- May be required to deputise for other Hard Service Managers from time to time in other areas of the business.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience of maintaining assets compliantly and in line with SFG20, HTMs, and industry best practice.
- Working knowledge and experience writing and reviewing Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Permit to work procedures.
- RP or AP appointment qualifications - LV,L8, Working at height etc.
- Well developed communication and team working skills are required.
- Must be team player but with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Commercially astute with a proven track record in advising on cost effective solutions, key technical delivery, implementation and full operational control.
- Experience of working in a Private Funded Initiative Project (PFI).
- Experience of managing hard services in public buildings such as education, health care & secure environments.
- Experience of working with aged estate.
- Experience of working with CAFM systems.
- Qualification or similar for duty to manage asbestos.
While working for G4S, you are entitled to a number of benefits and offers from G4S partners and other organisations, from employee assistance provided through WeCare, to RAC cover and so much more, including the below;
- Company Car
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Progression, training and development catered to you.
- Refer A Friend incentives
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions.
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme.
- Subsidised healthcare plan.
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving.
- Confidential Counselling Services
- 24/7 support specialising in health and medical
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers.
Jobs that might be of interest:Maintenance Operative - Electrical
Apply now Cleaner
Location: Downing Drive, Leicester
Apply now Cleaner
Location: Leicester, Leicestershire
Apply now Maintenance Operative - Mechanical
Apply now Workshop Instructor - Bicycle Mechanic