Hard FM Fire Technician Cheltenham 19,500 - 24,000
Hard FM Fire TechnicianLocation: Cheltenham | Salary: 19,500 - 24,000 | Posted: 10 Sep 2019 | Closes: 30 Nov 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/US/4845
With the ever-changing facilities management industry, it is important that the Employer you choose is ready to take you and your career as far as you would like. As a leading security and Facilities Management company, G4S improves the lives of millions of people across the UK, Ireland and the Channel Islands, by creating productive, safe and smooth working environments.
We provide integrated FM services in a wide range of environments, including: head offices, retail stores, utility plants, manufacturing sites, health settings, secure environments, and prestigious buildings.
We run large TFM contracts
We provide FM in Hospitals and Secure establishments
We provide FM services to Health and School buildings
G4S, the leading global security and outsourcing group, specialises in outsourcing of business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 120 countries and over 620,000 employees.
- Undertake all works in accordance with the SLA and KPI’s, site policies Health and Safety rules and regulations.
- Oversee on-site contractors, ensuring their work is satisfactorily completed in line with risk assessments, method statements and contract SLA’s.
- Respond to defects, faults and client requests. Work with others to identify root causes to prevent reoccurrence.
- Maintain records; produce simple reports as required.
- Ensure all planned maintenance tasks are completed within the designated time period to enable full compliance.
- Proactively indentify material requirements completing appropriate paperwork in a timely manner to enable service delivery.
Undertake over time when required.
- To identify opportunities in order to provide continuous improvement for service delivery.
- To take a proactive support role in delivery of safe, clean and healthy working environment for all staff. Especially maintenance and plant areas under the control of the hard FM team.
- Predominately deliver reactive / repair works in order to minimise business disruption and operational down time.
- Develop and maintain day to day contact with client representatives.
- Live G4S values.
- Act as a G4S ambassador in all interactions with client and contractor representatives.
- Adhere to corporate security policies.
- Identify training and development to satisfy corporate objectives and define succession plans.
- Carry out other tasks as and when required by management.
- Ensure the professional attitude and image in all aspects of service delivery.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Five years experience in appropriate work area
- Recognised relevant qualifications
- Experience in working in a commercial or industrial FM service delivery environment
- BSC level 1
- Microsoft Office familiarity
- IT literate.
- IOSH supervise safely
- ONC engineering
- NVQ3 engineering
- AP by discipline.
- Member of or working towards professional body
- MS Office to introductory level
- BSC level 2
- Good team organisational skills
- Organisational and environmental awareness
- Good communication skills
- Able to work under pressure