Group Head of Fleet & Capex Procurement Victoria, London Competitive plus car allowance + benefits
Group Head of Fleet & Capex ProcurementLocation: Victoria, London | Salary: Competitive plus car allowance + benefits | Posted: 28 Feb 2019 | Closes: 14 Mar 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
- For the Global Facilities Management Category: A global spend in the region of £500M per annum.
- Develops and delivers procurement strategies and programmes that satisfy varied business requirements, with a key focus on reducing COGS and business overheads
- Categories to be managed; Leases, Vehicle Purchase, Fleet Maintenance, Accident Management, Fuel, Equipment, Vehicle Conversion, Parts/Tyres & Logistics/Warehousing.
- Develop and implement the category sourcing strategy for Fleet & CAPEX and Related Services ensuring it is aligned with the overall business objectives.
- Ensure all business regions fully optimise its procurement leverage through structured supplier rationalisation and consolidation programmes for both goods and services.
- Challenge business unit/countries when spend is not optimised (specification/demand/unit price)
- Build business cases to deliver required changes.
- Implement Group wide supply contracts, including preparation of tender documentation, contractual terms and conditions, and mechanisms to monitor and review supply chain performance.
- Establish key external market contacts to ensure relevant market intelligence is available to the business and factored into key decision-making processes.
- Provide category expertise in supporting business development activity and service solution design.
- Source, negotiate and contract with key suppliers, ensuring supply chain solutions meet the business requirements and deliver value for money.
- Establish clear KPI’s and SLA’s, in line with business requirements, and manage supplier performance against these within a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ensure full contractual and legal compliance of goods and services ensuring suppliers perform strictly in line with all contractual conditions, service commitments and legislative requirements.
- Monitor and analyse G4S performance to ensure compliance against key contractual terms and commitments.
- Perform regular market testing and benchmarking against existing contracts to ensure they maintain market competitiveness and deliver value for money.
- Provide commercial and contractual leadership in the negotiation of indexation and other contract variations.
- Continuously seek opportunities to leverage the category spend to further reduce supplier costs, drive out additional savings, and improve overall efficiencies
- Provide leadership and support as required to ensure successful mobilisation of new supply contracts.
- Set up a Category Council for key spend areas globally.
- Developing a multi-year savings programme/pipeline.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Demonstrable experience in a professional purchasing role, within a FTSE 100 or equivalent global business.
- Previous experience of selecting and managing suppliers in the categories of Facilities Management and Consumables.
- Experience of :
- negotiating supplier contracts including complex service agreements
- supplier rationalisation
- supplier change management and category transformation
- supplier development and measurement
- team management and development
- Previous experience in managing large outsourced services contracts essential.
- Contract negotiation, drafting and management of tendering processes including contracts up to the value of £100M.
- Strong commercial acumen, advanced knowledge of contract law, good financial management and proven communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Experienced in the set up and utilisation of eProcurement, eAuction and on line Catalogue Ordering Systems, such as SAP and Ariba preferable.
- Experienced coaching and development skills, with experience of leading a team
- Strong influencing and communication skills, using techniques to best effect.
- Experienced negotiator, with excellent influencing skills and ability to think on feet and make decisions under pressure.
- Must be confident in challenging others, whilst at the same time maintaining and building a professional relationship
- Personal resilience and drive to succeed. Self-motivated to achieve against targets
- A high degree of customer orientation and strategic decision making skills
- Excellent written & oral communication skills. Ability to present effectively to all audience levels and able to network across the business
- An ability to work with ambiguity whilst making decisions that are commercially sound. Able to translate proposals from models to planned activities
- Hybrid management capabilities embracing both business and technology considerations.
Jobs that might be of interest:Property Manager
Location: Victoria, London
Apply now Cash Centre Manager
Location: Harlow, Essex
Apply now Section Manager Cash Centre
Location: Nine Elms SW8
Apply now Site Manager
Location: Bromley, United Kingdom
Apply now Contract Administrator
Location: Manchester, United Kingdom