Global Security Operations Center Operator Savannah, Georgia $19.00
Global Security Operations Center OperatorLocation: Savannah, Georgia | Salary: $19.00 | Posted: 23 Sep 2021 | Closes: 23 Oct 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/2985559/217996
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Global Security Operations Center Operator. The GSOC Operator will be responsible for monitoring the safety and security of the corporation's employees, facilities, and property worldwide. Using an assortment of tools that range from global access control and alarm monitoring system to various business intelligence sources, open source media, internet and in-house tools, the Operator is required to detect, analyze and alert others regarding any adverse conditions to the corporation and its employees.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Execute all aspects of the day to day functions of the Global Security Operations Center
- Execute protocols and communicate at all levels across the globe to employees and security team members as needed.
- Monitor and respond to global alerts and events effecting company facilities and employees providing immediate information and assistance as needed; initiate mass communication notifications as required; notify leadership of events effecting business operations and employees.
- Monitor Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) network systems, review video as necessary.
- Utilize and execute checklists, protocols and phone listings to effectively manage global incidents and make applicable notifications
- Monitor travel safety and security of company’s employees
- Investigate alarms responding by sending patrols or alerting fire services or police as needed
- Able to operate in stressful situations while managing escalated calls
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess a current and valid driver’s license
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess a minimum of two (2) years of security/security control room experience
- Work experience must include the following:
- Professional customer service skills
- Knowledge of current events happening globally
- Ability to demonstrate and apply analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to reach conclusions and approaches to problems
- Ability to perform emergency dispatch and crisis intervention services
- Ability to communicate effectively with IT and Security Systems professionals
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office and/or Google Applications
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 21 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a citizen of the United States (pursuant to Federal Aviation Administration Regulations)
- Must possess excellent computer skills (minimum 60 wpm typing average)
- Must be comfortable with high-tech work environment, and constant learning of new tools and innovations
- Must possess experience with access control, alarm systems and Closed Circuit Television (CCTV)
- Must possess a neat and professional appearance
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must submit to an extensive background check, including criminal history, personal references, employment and education verifications, and Department of Motor Vehicle and credit checks if applicable
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; minimal to no exposure to extreme temperatures is expected.
Major activity: Working on PC and using telephone/radio while sitting
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, light lifting, and limited stretching and reaching.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://www.g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest:High Profile Security Guard - Government Services Site
Location: Etobicoke, ON
Apply now Security Guard
Location: Niagara Falls, ON
Apply now Security Guard
Location: Norfolk County, ON
Apply now Hospital Security Guard
Location: Midland, ON
Apply now Security Guard - Casual/On Call
Location: Stoney Creek, ON