Global Safety Operations Center Manager Vacaville, California Competitive with Great Benefits
Global Safety Operations Center ManagerLocation: Vacaville, California | Salary: Competitive with Great Benefits | Posted: 9 Mar 2020 | Closes: 9 Apr 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/L3742188/188125
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO 561-660-9797 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Global Safety Operations Center Manager. A This role is G4S is directly accountable for the effective and efficient management of the Global Safety Operations Center (GSOC) and its operators. The GSOC Manager will manage day-to-day activities in the Global Safety Operations Center and oversee, monitor, and guide the daily job performance of GSOC personnel.
a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all full or part-time employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Provide timely communications and actionable intelligence to support the protection of people, assets/intellectual property, and infrastructure of center and related interests/entities
- Serve as the hub for the monitoring, analysis, and interpretation of risks and threats that may affect the business and ensure all systems, both hardware and software, are functioning properly, and immediately notify appropriate stakeholders when they are not
- Perform analysis, planning, and provide direction in order to ensure that the GSOC is delivering maximum value to the business and provide training and develop Standard Operating Procedures for personnel assigned to the GSOC to facilitate effective performance
- Identify and communicate daily all critical items requiring the attention of senior management and coordinate with Safety Operations Managers to provide necessary documentation in support of uniformed guard force activity (e.g., Officer Dispatch, Incident Reporting, etc.)
- Develop a program for maintenance and troubleshooting of software systems with a focus on preventative maintenance and early detection of potential issues and assist in identifying new technologies and upgrades for existing systems
- Assume full responsibility for identifying and scheduling all appropriate certifications and inspections of the GSOC, its systems, personnel and functions and ensure procedures and protocols are in place that enable the timely and effective response to, and management of, incidents, alarms, notifications, calls and other activities related to the GSOC and its role as a central monitoring station
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to meet and maintain any applicable licensing or certification requirements
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Minimum of four (4) years of work experience managing a Security Operations Center, Security Communications Center, security/alarm monitoring center or other closely related operation
- Experience supervising personnel and resources for the successful operation of a 911-Center and/or Central Station Operation that is centered around the use of technology
- Work history must include each of the following:
- Ability to prioritize workload based on urgency; able to delegate tasks, and communicate to a range of audiences including to executive management
- Demonstrated analytic and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to ensure compliance, monitoring of assets, and making rapid notifications via mass communication tools
- Demonstration of strong computer skills (hardware, software & network operations) with the ability to communicate effectively with IT and Security Systems professionals
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office with minimal to no extreme temperatures expected.
Major Activity: Working on PC and using telephone/radio while sitting.
Physical Efforts to Carry Out Job Duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, and limited stretching and reaching
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest:Emergency Response Team Officer - Team Lead
Location: Napa, California
Apply now Emergency Response Team Officer - Team Lead
Location: Sonoma, California
Apply now Scheduling Center Operator Dispatch
Location: Vacaville, California
Apply now Emergency Response Team Officer - Team Lead
Location: Contra Costa, California
Apply now Security Officer - Bank Protection
Location: Davis, California