Global Operations Specialist - Risk Fusion Center Peoria, Illinois Competitive with Great Benefits
Global Operations Specialist - Risk Fusion CenterLocation: Peoria, Illinois | Salary: Competitive with Great Benefits | Posted: 13 Aug 2019 | Closes: 30 Sep 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/4016102/165767
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Global Operations Specialist. The Specialist is responsible for developing all standard operation procedures, policies, and strategies. Specialist will require independent judgment and discretion to determine protocols and response to emergency, crisis events within the operational and travel risk management. This position will maintain and improve operations by monitoring RFC performance; identify and resolve issues and complete action plans; suggest process improvements, and track quality assurance programs.
In performing functions, duties or tasks, employee is required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employee is required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all full or part-time employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Specialist will be responsible for development of policies and procedures as it relates to their respective assigned duties, and training junior level positions for cross training functions
- Specialist will be leaders in their environment and responsible for supervision as well as executing RFC standard operating procedures which meet client and G4S standards/values; document, input and track training percentages for inclusion into metrics; supervision of RFC Operators, interviewing applicants, providing input on hiring candidates and performing evaluations
- Specialist will require independent judgment and discretion to determine protocols and response to emergency, crisis events within the operational and travel risk management space requiring the dissemination of SITREPS, advisories and bulletins; responsible for coordinating and leading proactive emergency and situational alerts, notifying/providing Emergency Management personnel relevant notifications and alerts, and providing daily Executive Reports, briefings with key personnel, and determining course of action and closing incidents
- Vulnerability management; work within Global Command Center to provide (but not limited to) daily, weekly, and monthly reporting on situational events directly relating to all travelers, particularly high-risk travelers and Senior Executives
- Create operational strategies to mitigate risk by reviewing the results of monitoring alerts, reports, flagged or situational incidents as provided by the RFC Operators in order to formulate course of action and implement management protocols for high-risk events
- Monitor travel security, work with Regional/program; proactively coordinate Emergency Management and Global Security personnel for incident monitoring/response, tracking of personnel, report emergency situations which could cause grievous bodily harm/death as appropriate
- Maintain and improve operations by monitoring RFC performance; identify and resolve issues and complete action plans; suggest process improvements, and track quality assurance programs
- Communicates, interprets and makes recommendations for process modifications to Global Security. Develop Executive Protection Plan (as needed) for Operations on a continual basis
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must possess, or have the ability to obtain, any state licensing
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Must possess a minimum of three (3) years of security experience
- Must possess a minimum of one (1) year of control room or risk center experience
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Must be able to respond to stressful situations, such as challenging individuals who are in or approaching an unauthorized area
- Must be flexible with the ability to work evenings, odd hours, and weekends with little notice
- Must be able to solve complex problems
- Must have strong client and results orientation
- Must always maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Office; minimal to no exposure to extreme temperatures is expected.
Major activity: Working on PC while sitting. Telephone use
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: Limited, to include some standing, bending, limited stretching and reaching.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest: