General Manager Glasgow £60-70,000 depending on experience
General ManagerLocation: Glasgow | Salary: £60-70,000 depending on experience | Posted: 18 Mar 2022 | Closes: 18 May 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/7463
up to 25% Bonus, Car or Car Allowance, Life Assurance, Pension, Private Medical Cover, 25 days annual leave (with the option to purchase an additional week), Employee Assistance Programme - We Care; 24/7 access to online GP, mental health support and virtual wellbeing, Corporate perks and discounts (Perks @ Work and Home), Payroll Giving, Flexible Working Policies, Training and Development Opportunities, Long Service Awards, Recognition Scheme
G4S (now part of Allied Universal) is the largest secure solutions company in the world and one of Britain's top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in secure logistics and payment services including cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval and merchant services.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
Allied Universal, a leading security and facility services company, provides proactive security services and cutting-edge smart technology to deliver tailored, integrated security solutions that allow clients to focus on their core business. Our acquisition of G4S in 2021 expands our footprint and infrastructure on a global and local level. Through our vast network of more than 800,000 employees, we leverage global best practices in communities all over the world. Operating in around more than 80 countries with revenues of $18 billion, we are supported by efficient processes and systems that can only come with scale to help deliver our promise locally: keeping people safe so our communities can thrive. We believe there is no greater purpose than serving and safeguarding customers, communities, and people in today's world. Allied Universal is There for you. For more information, please visit www.aus.com.
The General Manager will provide overall leadership for the site, achieve the key objectives of the company and actively take responsibility to build a strong brand in the Cash Solutions industry. You will be responsible for the overall performance of the site in terms of both operational & financial areas. You will be responsible to develop and execute the business plan and the achievement of Key Performance Indicators in the areas of customer, financial, internal business processes, people and Health and safety. You will Design, Plan & Manage all site resources to enhance value to all company stakeholders. To manage the resources and work processes cost effectively and efficiently to ensure that the contractual obligations to the customer are achieved.
- Deliver improving financial performance for the operation, ensuring the Centre meets budget commitments
- Lead in the strategic development of the Cash Solutions automation vision.
- Engage and work closely with Commercial Team to design and build business growth strategy
- Engage regularly with existing local customers served by the branch, developing relationships that support contract retention and growth opportunities
- Ensure that all staff deliver and maintain a high level of customer care by monitoring service levels and ensuring that corrective action is taken as appropriate
- Sets and agrees clear challenging objectives with subordinates, regularly monitoring their performance and taking action to address any shortfalls
- Manage site resources, identify departmental synergies to drive effective efficiencies whilst maintaining Customer and regulatory contractual obligations
- Create and develop a continuous improvement strategy involving all colleagues on site
- Develop succession planning strategies identifying and growing talent to fill leadership and business critical positions in the future
- Ensures that all relevant legislative requirements are adhered to and that Company procedures and standards (including Health and Safety, security, personnel, finance and Transport) are maintained
- Maintains regular management meetings and communicates to all branch staff through staff briefings
- Contribute to the wider branch network as a whole by identifying and sharing best practice
- Support the wider Leadership Team in identifying and achieving Business strategic plans
- Ensure the avoidance of cash losses for both customers and the G4S business
- To continually evaluate the resources required for the Branch, to include current and future demands, ensuring capacity plans are aligned with volume reductions and fluctuations
- Prepare annual budgets and report on monthly financial position
- Ensure full compliance of all security procedures within the branch
- Ensures appropriate consultation with TU/Staff Representatives.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Strong Commercial background
- Excellent management / people skills
- Effective interpersonal communication
- Profit & Loss and budgetary experience
- Proven experience in customer service
- Logistics professional
- CPC qualified (desirable)
- Lean Management practitioner
- Knowledge of production management
- Capable of leading a team in a time of change
- Experience of managing in a labour intensive, multi-shift environment is essential
- The ability to challenge the norm and achieve sustainable change
This role will be subject to screening including but not limited to a criminal record check, credit check and 10 year background check. In addition, this role will be subject to a medical review which may include a medical assessment with an occupational health practitioner
Jobs that might be of interest:Global Commercial Programme Manager
Location: UK & Europe - Flexible Hybrid Working and International Travel
Apply now Service Delivery Manager (Region) - Abbotsford International Airport
Location: Abbotsford, BC
Apply now Service Delivery Manager - Vancouver International Airport
Location: Richmond, BC
Apply now Service Delivery Manager (Region) - Williams Lake Regional Airport
Location: Williams Lake, BC