General Manager - Security Industry - Ottawa and Kingston Kingston, Ontario Competitive
General Manager - Security Industry - Ottawa and KingstonLocation: Kingston, Ontario | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 28 Dec 2018 | Closes: 28 Jan 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/2239755/139115
General Manager - Security Industry
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO (855) 999-1463 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
Are you in search of a career and not a job? Would the idea of working for the largest company in the Canadian security industry appeal to you?
G4S presently employs over 9,000 staff in Canada and is looking to add a General Manager to one of our client's locations.
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Inc., including, but not limited to: criminal police information check (CPIC) credit reference, background check, minimum age, and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). Additionally, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management
The General Manager is the business leader of a G4S Secure Solutions in a specific geographical market. He or she must have an acute awareness of the market environment, and demonstrate sound business, financial, and growth-oriented management practices in support of multiple business customers; and, as the senior executive in the area office, provide leadership, coaching and direction to the entire office team.
The General Manager is primarily responsible for the growth and profitability of the business and retention of existing accounts through excellent service delivery under the guidance of the Regional Vice President.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide direct supervision, guidance, and support of office personnel including recruitment, training, scheduling, corrective actions, and adherence to company policy.
- Manage the business development actions of the Business Development Manager, (BDM). Where no BDM exists, perform business development for the area office, including prospecting, presentations, development of RFP responses in coordination with the Bid Response Team, contract negotiations, and closing of new business.
- Ensure that the planned profitability of all services is realized by utilizing sound financial management principles and continual review of appropriate management information reports (e.g., Profit & Loss, Job Profitability, Weekly Hours, Budgeting, Collections, Compstat etc.)
- Ensure that all District Office personnel understand, and comply with, all applicable Federal and Provincial Legislation regarding Employment Standards, Human Rights, Labour Codes, Occupational Health and Safety Acts and G4S Secure Solutions ( Canada) Ltd. policy and procedures
- Ensure that G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Ltd. is providing quality service to our clients and that these accounts are operated in a manner consistent with established policies, contracts, and applicable laws. Maintain an active, strong client relations program by making frequent personal visits to discuss any problems or recommendations for the improvement of service provided.
Decision Making Authority:
- Customer service requirements within the local market of the district office
- Selection of area office managers and supervisors
- Development and oversight of action plans for building and retaining business
- Forecasting of labour needs, labour rates, labour availability, and quality of personnel available for various positions
- Full P&L ownership of the branch financials including but not limited to:
- Revenue targets
- PBITA targets
- Wage Management
- Direct cost management such as overtime and training
- Staffing requirements
- Decisions on entering new markets and business plan development and measurement of risk
- Negotiate terms and condition of new and existing agreements and seek required Corporate approvals for non-standard agreements
- Works with senior management to establish and implement succession planning processes and leadership development programs
The Ideal Candidate:
Formal Education, Licenses and Certifications Required:
- A university degree in Business, Criminal Justice, Finance, or another related discipline is considered an asset; six to eight years of relevant progressive advancement in management
- Meet and maintain any applicable licensing or certification requirements
- Demonstrate strong consultative, analytical and business development skills
- Efficiency in oral and written communication
- Plan and organize
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications
- Superiour customer service orientation
- Drive change and innovation
- Coaching, mentoring, motivating
- Conceptual thinking and strategizing
- Ability to discern customers’ needs
- Assess and evaluate situations
- Synthesize facts, concepts, principles
- Identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Compile, sort, and interpret data
- Research and develop the market
- Mediate conflict with tact, diplomacy
- Develop and carry out a business plan
- Analyze and reduce complexities
- Develop effective customer relations
- Set attainable goals for self and others
- Ability to recognize cause and effect
- Identify details and alternatives
- Lead through teamwork, collaboration and cooperation
OTHER RELATED ATTRIBUTES THAT WOULD ENHANCE HIRING CONSIDERATION:
- Prior experience independently managing all aspects of a business enterprise with an annual revenue in excess of $5M (amount will vary by size of area office)
- Prior security-related management experience in a multi-location environment
- Experience in solution sales or other service-industry sales
- Experience managing a unionized workforce
- Understanding of the demographics and business environment of the local market
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.