General Manager - Fleet (Centurion) - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa Centurion Market related
General Manager - Fleet (Centurion) - G4S Cash Solutions - South AfricaLocation: Centurion | Salary: Market related | Posted: 12 Mar 2019 | Closes: 29 May 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Cash Solutions | Region / Division: Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/2716490/148597
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
General Manager - Fleet
G4S Cash Solutions has a vacancy for a General Manager - Fleet, based in Centurion.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the General Manager - Fleet is responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely administration/completion of the fleet management process in line with company policies and procedures.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which management plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Main purpose of the position:
The purpose of this role is to develop and deliver national fleet strategies and programs that satisfy varied business requirements, with a key focus on improved performance and reduction of business overheads. Categories to be managed include leases, vehicle purchase, fleet maintenance, accident management, fuel, equipment, vehicle conversion, parts and tyres.
Development and implementation of National Fleet Strategy
- Develop and design a robust strategy for the country’s Cash Solutions fleet to meet the needs of a growing business, with a focus on overhead reduction.
- Review current and future business needs in relation to fleet requirements and fleet management, in consultation with local directors.
- Develop external stakeholder relationships, notably with suppliers to facilitate procurement advantages
- Stay abreast of industry trends and fleet management developments
- Developing a multi-year savings program/pipeline.
Effective management of countrywide fleet procurement
- Manage and review supplier and outsourcing arrangements, notably on SLAs, cost effectiveness and service delivery
- Negotiate and source best advantage fleet procurement deals with automotive and fuel suppliers, branding suppliers and servicing/maintenance agreements in conjunction with the procurement department. Review risks and contract requirements of deals/agreements to ensure company risk is minimal and costs are limited.
- Manage all head office maintenance and give technical support to the branches on maintenance issues.
- Manage accident repair processes nationally. Assess internal company accidents. Assist with information for processing of 3rd party claims.
- Manage refurbishment processes.
- Build business cases to deliver required changes.
Management, mitigation and control of Fleet costs and efficiencies
- Research and investigate developments in fleet management systems, and BI systems to provide effective and accurate data on fleet performance.
- Review and Manage current fleet management systems and review effectiveness of reporting and BI data.
- Review, audit and report on fleet costs, fuel usage and maintenance needs. Compile action plans to address high costs and implement cost saving exercises.
- Liaise with operational management on driving training and addressing poor driving behaviour, to minimise driver impact on fleet effectiveness and costs.
Management of Fleet department and team
- Ensure the transport structure is adequately staffed with the right reporting structures and staff allocation.
- Ensure staff turnover is managed and analysed.
- Set and agree objectives and performance standards with staff, including understanding of policy and procedures
- Monitor performance and provide feedback.
- Succession Planning in place, updated and practised
- Determine training needs for direct reports (in line with training and HR policy).
- Arrange for attendance of subordinates at scheduled training interventions and coach staff as needed.
- Set and maintain acceptable standards of behaviour at work by all subordinates employees, as required by G4S’s code of conduct and disciplinary code.
- Ensure that all disciplinary actions are conducted in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Hold Department team meeting and communicate to all regional staff through those briefings.
- Ensure continuous responsibilities in respect of Health and Safety compliance and issues.
- Provide leadership and support as required to ensure successful mobilisation of new supply contracts.
Review and management of compliance with legislation and best practice for fleet/vehicles management
- Review company compliance with associated legislation (i.e. AARTO) and audit standing on compliance and associated risks of non-compliance.
- Design and implement action plans to address non-compliance and rectify high risk areas.
- Review best practice models for fleet management (internal and external) and adopt principles G4S would benefit from.
Health and Safety
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the branch/region/national safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents on all levels
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required.
- Wear protective clothing all the time.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Grade 12
- Business Management degree, or equivalent experience
Experience, skills and attributes:
- Experience with procurement of fleet and negotiation of procurement deals
- Management of a budget
- Development and implementation of a fleet strategy
- Development and implementation of procedures
- South African Transport legislation
- Procurement practices
- Managing Professionally
- Delivery Strategy
- Cost Analysis
- Awareness of Market
- Communication (Written and Verbal)
- Financial acumen associated with budgets
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- We act with Integrity and Respect - Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
- We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence - We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
- We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork - We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
For more information on G4S, please visit: www.g4s.com