General Manager-Cash Services Lusaka 0.00 - 0.00
General Manager-Cash ServicesLocation: Lusaka | Salary: 0.00 - 0.00 | Posted: 31 Aug 2021 | Closes: 9 Nov 2021 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: Zambia | Region / Division: Sub-Saharan Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/7451287/216771
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
- To effectively manage branch resources and procedures to ensure that the contractual obligations to customers are achieved cost effectively and that the company’s security procedures are applied throughout the branch. To continually review and improve branch profitability and security. Overall accountability for Cash in transit (CIT), Cash Processing Centre (CPC), Control Room, Safety, Security and people management and Vault within the branch.
1. Effective management of the business financial performance
- Develop the budget in cooperation with the MD and FD.
Manage relationships between actual results, budgets and forecasts, delegating accountability where appropriate.
Manage the effective and efficient usage of company assets, i.e. vehicles, ensuring that all assets (including Cash Processing Centre equipment) are well maintained, accounted for, and utilized correctly to optimize life of the asset.
Maintain, manage and adhere to company procedures and policies for CPC, CIT, all cash floats, customer details and other financial controls. Managing all internal and external reconciliation procedures and policies.
Oversight and management of customer invoicing, ensuring that terminations are processed, new customers added correctly, and changes in billing reflected.
Initiate cost savings and controls and
Gross Margin Management
- Direct Wage control
- Overheads control
- Overtime cost control
- Service/Schedule profitability
- Ensuring that claims against the Company are prevented or minimized
2. Effective management and deployment of employees within the branch Effective Labour and Organisation
- Ensure that there are adequate staff for both admin and operations and that all new vacancies are approved and appointments are vetted and approved before making an offer of employment, as well as fully compliant with current legislation.
- Proper allocation of staff to positions and structure.
- Set and agree objectives and performance standards with staff, including understanding of policy and procedures
- Monitor and manage performance and provide feedback
- Apply consistent and fair disciplinary action in line with legislation
- Oversight of employee records, ensuring that all relevant and required documentation is on file.
- Succession Planning and Employment Equity
- Determine training needs (in line with training and HR policy) for staff. Arrange for attendance of subordinates at scheduled training interventions and coach staff as needed.
- Ensure that all employees are trained on the minimum standard operating procedures and to the statutory training requirements
- Monitor, manage and address staff motivation levels
- Set and maintain acceptable standards of behaviour at work by all subordinate employees, as required by G4S’s code of conduct and disciplinary code.
- Ensure that all disciplinary actions are conducted in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
- Hold branch management team meetings and communicate to all branch staff through those briefings
3. Effective management of operations
- Client retention and customer service levels
- Review and deploy resources, and thereafter continuously review operations to improve profitability and customer service levels. Make changes as necessary
- Maintain all customer SLAs and address deficiencies
- Undertake regular and consistent customer visit and assess service delivery
- Monitor customer service levels
- Operations management – adherence to operation standards:
- Review and remediate audit results and operational matrix
- Effective management of branch fleet
- Maintenance and control of branch assets through the use of registers, stock control, regular audits and spot checks.
Shared Best Practice
- Investigate, share and implement Best Practice from other branches ROCC and compliance
Ensure that all relevant legislative are adhered to and that Company procedures and standards (including Health and Safety, security, personnel, finance and Transport) are maintained.
Ensure compliance with Group Reconciliation and Operational Cash Controls (ROCC)
Perform regular audits for self-assessment to ensure conformance to Group standards
4. Effective Security and Risk Management for the branch
- Adhere to group and company standards on risk and security mitigation and control on the following areas:
- Maximum vehicle loads and values
- Armed employees
- Branch security
- Health and Safety and fire drills
- Vault and Float limits
5. Effective management of business development function
New business development
- Identifying new business opportunities in the branch’s sphere of operations,
- Monitor and assess the market environment in terms of competitors and current customers.
- Ensure that all new quotes are done at profitable margins
Customer needs analysis
- Upsell of products and new services in line with customers’ needs and risks.
Company image and brand
- Ensure all vehicles are correctly branded and maintained to improve company image and market share.
- Oversight and management of employee discipline
- Adhere to all company brand guidelines
The Ideal Candidate:
- Relevant qualification in Business Studies or similar
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ management experience
- Previous specialized industry (with specific reference to CIT and Cash Management) experience recommended
- Proven experience in Customer Relationship Management
Skills and Attributes
- P&L and management reporting
- Cash operations management
- CIT operations management
- Relevant HR legislation, disciplinary and best practices
- Managing professionally
- Managing Conflict
- Communication (Written and Verbal)