General Manager - Cape Town G4S Secure Solutions Cape Town Market Related
General Manager - Cape Town G4S Secure SolutionsLocation: Cape Town | Salary: Market Related | Posted: 31 Jul 2020 | Closes: 30 Sep 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Secure Solutions | Region / Division: Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/3620871/190313
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
1. Effective management of the regional financial performance
Manage the relationship between actual results, budgets and forecasts
Initiate cost-saving model and controls
Gross Margin Management
Direct Wage control / ER management
Ensuring that claims against the Company are prevented or minimized through regular customer risk assessments.
Existing Revenue Growth
Escalations are achieved
Manage the Region’s cash flow.
2. Effective management staff within the region:
Staff turnover analysis, proper allocation of staff to positions and structure
Succession Planning and Employment Equity
Attendance of subordinates at scheduled training interventions (WSP and ATR comparison), meeting of employment equity goals, succession planning.
Staff motivation levels
Ensuring that performance assessments of all subordinate employees are conducted, and corrective action implemented where necessary.
Ensuring that acceptable standards of behavior at work are maintained by all subordinate employees, as required by G4S’s code of conduct and disciplinary code.
Ensuring that all disciplinary actions are conducted in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
3. Effective management of operations
Client retention and customer service levels
Proportion of contracts lost
Ensuring that all required formal customer meetings are scheduled, attended, and minuted.
Quality Management/Ops Process management – adherence to the quality standard
QA audit results and operational matrix
Shared Best Practice
Specific examples of implementation of BP from other regions
4. Effective management of business development function
New business development
Identifying new business opportunities in the region’s sphere of operations, as well as in terms of growth of business with existing customers, driven by the promotion of integrated security solutions.
Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the competitor environment faced by the region.
Managing and shaping the external environment
Involvement in community and business forums and general public profile
5. Implementation and integration of the HSSEC strategy and culture within the business unit:
- Embed health and safety awareness and responsible behavior with the operational team, through consistent focus on health and safety compliance and discipline.
- Drive health and safety awareness down to supervisory level through communication, enforcement of guidelines and principles, reporting and training
- Highlight health and safety examples, both good and bad, to reinforce message and drive to achieve zero harm within our business.
Monitor and reduce the number of health and safety incidents. Oversee investigations into incidents and related matters, both to address non-compliance and to reinforce awareness
The Ideal Candidate:
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Driver’s Licence
- PSIRA Grade B
- Registered Security Service Provider
- Related security industry / ISS services
- Minimum 5 - 7 years’ experience in security management
- Leading people
- Financial Acumen
- Business Skills
- Managing professionally
- Managing Conflict
- Communication (Written and Verbal)
- Computer literacy
- Basic financial skills
- Risk identification
Jobs that might be of interest:Foreman
Location: Livermore, California
Apply now Area Manager
Location: Hamilton, ON
Apply now Security Supervisor
Location: Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Apply now Property Assistant - County Antrim
Location: County Antrim, United Kingdom
Apply now Property Assistant - County Tyrone
Location: County Tyrone, United Kingdom