General Ledger Team Leader Worksop, Nottinghamshire S81 7QF Competitive
General Ledger Team LeaderLocation: Worksop, Nottinghamshire S81 7QF | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 30 Nov 2021 | Closes: 5 Dec 2021 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/MS/2124
Competitive salary, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, contributory pension scheme, life assurance, free parking
We have an exciting opportunity for a General Ledger Team Leader in our busy Finance Department at our Regional Office Worksop. The role is a full time, permanent position reporting to the Finance Manager. As General Ledger Team Leader you will be responsible for supervising a team of Assistant Accountants, ensuring all deadlines are met and ensuring the completion of all monthly reconciliations to the required standard.
Allied Universal®, a leading security and facility services company, provides proactive security services and cutting-edge smart technology to deliver tailored, integrated security solutions that allow clients to focus on their core business. Our acquisition of G4S in 2021 expands our footprint and infrastructure on a global and local level. Through our vast network of more than 800,000 employees, we leverage global best practices in communities all over the world. Operating in around more than 80 countries with revenues of $18 billion, we are supported by efficient processes and systems that can only come with scale to help deliver our promise locally: keeping people safe so our communities can thrive. We believe there is no greater purpose than serving and safeguarding customers, communities, and people in today’s world. Allied Universal is There for you™. For more information, please visit www.aus.com.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Supervise and complete the following activities
- Production Monthly Accounts for overhead cost centres
- Preparation of cost centre budgets and forecasts.
- Accounting for Fleet, Multi-site and building costs.
- Reconciliation and processing of prepayments, accruals and standard charges
- Balance Sheet reconciliation
- Completion of national statistics returns
- Oversee and assist in the completion of all bank account reconciliations.
- Ensure year end schedules required for tax packs are completed on a monthly basis
- Reconciliation of PSA to ensure correct calculation and submissions to HMRC
- Monthly reconciliation of intercompany accounts with other group companies
- Quarterly preparation of VAT returns
- Adhoc Payment request processing.
- Processing Intercompany Journals
- Replenishing and reconciling petty cash
- The administration and reconciliation of Fixed asset control accounts and produce related reports
- Manage the capital approval processes ensuring compliance with regional and group policies
- Raising and closing of periodic service requests within agreed deadlines
Review and approve journals
Review and approve Balance Sheet reconciliations.
- Actively challenge current thinking and practice offering new ideas and alternatives to improve business performance
- Actively promote a climate of trust and openness that encourages others to fully contribute diverse ideas, opinions and suggestions
- Delivers results that contribute to the achievement of the business goals and objectives
The Ideal Candidate:
Skills & Knowledge
Part Qualified Accountant studying towards CIMA/ACCA
A comprehensive understanding of accounting systems and the interaction of ledgers is required
Team Management experience
Knowledge of SAP, Oracle, Great Plains, Navision, Exchequer