G4S – Regional Site Vetting Unit Lead Leiston, United Kingdom Up to 16.01
G4S – Regional Site Vetting Unit LeadLocation: Leiston, United Kingdom | Salary: Up to 16.01 | Posted: 21 Jun 2022 | Closes: 5 Jul 2022 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: 503
We are looking for a dedicated Site Vetting Unit Lead to work with us on an exciting new contract that will be launching very soon in the Suffolk area, near Leiston/Ipswich with a prestigious new Client. You will be working on a very high profile site.
As the Site Vetting Lead you will fulfil a key role in delivering the industry assurance requirement to have all staff and contractor’s security cleared to at least the Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) before they are set to work unescorted on the Client’s site. You will be responsible for leading a team of Vetting Officers who are responsible for the verification of all security clearance applications submitted by the site so that a clearance decision can be made and a BPSS clearance issued which will eventually lead to the applicant gaining access to the site.
Reporting relationships: Account Director, Site Security Manager
Pay: £16.78-£19.17 per hour pending on experience
Weekly Hours: 40 hours per week, office hours
Remuneration package: Permanent Contract, 224 hours (28 days per annum including bank holidays), G4S National Pension Scheme, Dell, Vodafone and O2 discounts, Perks at Work (national discount scheme), Aviva car, home and travel insurance discount, Health Saturday Fund (health cash plan for you and your family).
- Lead on vetting administration and verification responsibilities for the contract.
- Lead Focal point for vetting enquiries.
- Verification of BPSS vetting casework.
- Interfaces internally with other vetting team members, training, HR and externally with contractor organisations.
- Ensuring regulatory requirements for vetting on site are complied with by all staff and contractors.
- Processing of clearance applications according to set Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Ensure completed clearance applications are submitted to the Client’s Central Vetting Service.
- Monitor and deliver service level requirements as per KPI’s
Skills and Competencies
- Strong Written and Verbal Communications
- Attention to detail
- Ability to manage workload, prioritise and manage time
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Customer Focused
- A good standard of education in Maths, English and IT.
- Experience in following quality assurance processes and procedures
- Prior experience of working within a busy office environment
- Excellent IT skills with a working knowledge of MS Office packages
- Highest levels of integrity, respectfulness and professionalism required at all times.
- Open, trusting and in the spirit of mutual support, especially when dealing with conflicts of interests.
- An engaging and proactive ‘can do’ attitude where successes and failures are shared.
- Doing what we say we are going to do and only committing to what can be done.
- Listen and communicate effectively.
- Ability to plan ahead as far as possible and share intelligence to prevent surprises.
Specific occupational requirements
- Ability to pass and hold National Security Clearance Vetting
- UK Driving License is essential
- Able to produce a five year verifiable work history
Jobs that might be of interest: