G4S – Regional Security Supervisor Leiston, United Kingdom 13.75 hourly
G4S – Regional Security SupervisorLocation: Leiston, United Kingdom | Salary: 13.75 hourly | Posted: 21 Jun 2022 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: 501
We are looking for a dedicated Security Supervisor to work with us on an exciting new contract that will be launching very soon in the Suffolk area, near Leiston/Ipswich with a prestigious new Client. You will be working on a high profile site.
As a Security Supervisor you will lead, support and give guidance to teams of Security Officers and play a key role in the protection of our Client’s premises, assets, personnel and visitors, whilst ensuring that services are delivered in a professional and efficient manner. Supervisors may be employed within a number of roles including;
- Perimeter Boundary Searching
- Patrols & Response
Supervisors will be required to project a security presence which is both commanding and authoritative.
Location: Regional Area in and around Leiston/Ipswich
Reporting relationships: Contract Manager
Direct reports: Up to 10 Security Officers
Pay: £13.75 per hour
Weekly Hours: Average 42 hours per week, based on a 12 hour shift pattern rotating through days and nights on a four on four off basis.
Remuneration package: Permanent Contract, 240 hours (20 days per annum inclusive of bank holidays), G4S National Pension Scheme, Dell, Vodafone and O2 discounts, Perks at Work (national discount scheme), Aviva car, home and travel insurance discount, Health Saturday Fund (health cash plan for you and your family).
- Comply with all Health & Safety procedures, as set by our Client and G4S
- Brief, deploy, set teams and individuals to task
- Supervise daily security activities as directed by the Contract Manager
- Manage the Site Main Entry Points and search areas
- Supervise and conduct high visibility patrols (foot & mobile)
- Operate Proof of Presence technology and ensure adequate supervision of patrols completing this task
- Respond to security incidents and assist in the coordination of follow up activities
- Produce incident reports
- Liaise with Emergency Services
- Provide verbal and written briefs and complete reports and registers as appropriate
- Supervise and maintain equipment and report equipment failures/faults.
- Deliver the highest standards of customer and employee care
Skills and Competencies
- Customer Focussed
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Strong Written and verbal Communication Skills
- A basic standard of education in Maths, English and IT.
- A security professional with prior experience gained in a Corporate Security, Critical National Infrastructure, Police or Military environment
- Experience of leading and supervising teams in a demanding environment
- Understanding of H&S requirements
- Highest levels of integrity, respectfulness and professionalism required at all times
- Open, trusting and in the spirit of mutual support, especially when dealing with conflicts of interests
- An engaging and proactive ‘can do’ attitude where successes and failures are shared
- Doing what we say we are going to do and only committing to what can be done
- Listen and communicate effectively
- Ability to plan ahead as far as possible and share intelligence to prevent surprises
Specific occupational requirements
- Ability to pass and hold National Security Clearance Vetting
- Must hold a current valid Security Industry Authority License
- UK Driving License is essential
- Able to produce a five year verifiable work history
Jobs that might be of interest: