G4S – Regional Security Officer Leiston, United Kingdom 12.50 hourly
G4S – Regional Security OfficerLocation: Leiston, United Kingdom | Salary: 12.50 hourly | Posted: 21 Jun 2022 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: 500
We are looking for a dedicated Security Officer to work with us on an exciting new contract that will be launching very soon in the Suffolk area, near Leiston/Ipswich with a prestigious new Client. You will be working on a high profile site.
As a Security Officer at G4S you play a vital role in the protection of our Client’s premises, assets, personnel and visitors, which are the key priorities of G4S. You are required to project a security presence which is both commanding and authoritative whilst remaining calm and professional at all times.
This is a varied role that includes controlling access to site and ensuring they adhere to the required security protocols, conducting searches where required, operating security equipment, patrolling the premises and other areas both on foot and whilst mobile and responding to security incidents.
The Ideal Candidate
You will need to be aged 18 or over, a confident communicator who is a team player with the drive to provide a friendly and professional service at all times. Sound IT knowledge is required.
You must be flexible and available to work 4 days on, 4 days off which will include days, nights and weekends. Security experience and an SIA licence is required for this role and you must hold a UK driving licence.
Join G4S and you can also enjoy real career progression with a large international Company - as the world’s leading provider of security solutions, we offer fantastic training and support. You’ll be in safe hands from our induction and on-site training to regular reviews and welfare checks with our Supervisors and Managers.
Location: Regional Area in and around Leiston/Ipswich
Reporting relationships: Shift Supervisor
Pay: £12.50 per hour
Weekly Hours: Average 42 hours per week, based on a 12 hour shift pattern rotating through days, nights and weekends
Remuneration package: Permanent Contract, 240 hours (20 days per annum inclusive of bank holidays), G4S National Pension Scheme,Dell, Vodafone and O2 discounts,Perks at Work (national discount scheme), Aviva car, home and travel insurance discount, Health Saturday Fund (health cash plan for you and your family).
- Comply with all Health & Safety procedures as set by our Client and G4S
- Deploy on task as set by the Supervisor
- Conduct duties at the Site Main Entry Point
- Carry out search procedures on vehicles and personnel
- Conduct high visibility patrols (foot & mobile)
- Operate Proof of Presence
- Respond to security incidents and assist in the coordination of follow up activities
- Produce incident reports
- Liaise with Emergency services
- Operate, maintain equipment and report equipment failures/faults.
- Deliver the highest standards of customer and employee care
Skills and Competencies
- Strong Written and verbal Communication Skills
- Adaptable and Flexible
- Customer Focused
- A basic standard of education in Maths, English and IT.
- A security professional with prior experience gained in a corporate, Critical National Infrastructure, Police or Military environment
- Understanding of H&S requirements
- Highest levels of integrity, respectfulness and professionalism required at all times.
- Open, trusting and in the spirit of mutual support, especially when dealing with conflicts of interests.
- An engaging and proactive ‘can do’ attitude where successes and failures are shared.
- Doing what we say we are going to do and only committing to what can be done.
- Listen and communicate effectively.
- Ability to plan ahead as far as possible and share intelligence to prevent surprises.
Specific Occupational Requirements
- Ability to pass and hold National Security Clearance Vetting
- A current valid Security Industry Authority (SIA) License
- UK Driving License is essential
- Able to produce a five year verifiable work history
Jobs that might be of interest: