Full Time Vault Officer Aberdeen £11.91 per hour
Full Time Vault OfficerLocation: Aberdeen | Salary: £11.91 per hour | Posted: 10 Dec 2019 | Closes: 31 Mar 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G4S/CD/6502
G4S is the largest secure solutions company in the world, the second largest private employer on the London Stock Exchange and one of Britain’s top Employers. Our Cash Management Solutions business has expertise in cash and valuables transportation, cash processing, ATM and cash centre outsourcing, secure storage and retrieval.
As an employee of G4S Cash Solutions, each role will have specific responsibilities for the identification, management and control of risk in order to safeguard the business, staff, customers, assets and reputation. Every G4S employee has a role to play in understanding and supporting the business in embedding effective risk management controls and assurance and be integral to the effectiveness and success of G4S.
Main Purpose of Job
Responsible for security and operations of the vaults including security and traceability of cash containers entering, within and leaving the vault department. To work within the company procedural guidelines to ensure a high quality of service is consistently maintained, with optimum efficiency.
Team Work and Collaboration
- Operate in receipt and dispatch function dealing with internal and/or external customers, including responsibility for ensuring accurate and secure loading/unloading of CIT, ATM and Trunker vehicles.
- Carry out daily Vault Audits, identifying and investigating discrepancies and report to management as necessary.
- Be aware of health and safety issues and ensure all staff are able to work in a safe manner.
- Control exit and entry of vehicles to loading bay(s) and branch where applicable.
- Must always adhere to Operational Standing Orders.
- Complete all necessary paperwork and ensure records are retained and stored correctly.
- Carry out any other duties that are deemed reasonable.
- Liaise with other departments, branches, customers and suppliers, as appropriate, to resolve issues and maintain service.
- Follow company procedures to ensure the security of cash, valuables, staff and premises is maintained at all times.
- Ensure 5S standards are consistently reviewed and adhered to.
- Responsible for opening and closing of the vaults both routinely and in an emergency using appropriate security measures.
- Using the Viper system to ensure an audit trail for all cash/containers is maintained at all times.
- Prepare consignments of customer funds for dispatch to vehicles.
- Full and proper use of mechanical handling equipment.
- Undertake training activities as required.
- Issue, receive and maintain security of all keys held within the secure area .
- Monitor branch and vehicle holdings to ensure they are within insurance indemnities, reporting any potential breaches.
This job description will be subject to change in accordance with operational developments and the job holder’s expertise.
The Ideal Candidate:Skills and Experience Required
- Able to pass a CRB check either obtained by Disclosure of Scotland or SIA Licence.
- Checkable 10 year employment/unemployment/educational history.
- Must be able to communicate with customers and colleagues in English.
- Must be able to pass a personal credit and ID check.
- Prepared to undergo airport style searches.
- Ability to follow laid down company procedures/instructions.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Flexible and helpful.
- Focused on delivery of customer service.
- Effective communication skills at all levels.
- Basic IT competence.
- Able to work as part of a team player.
- Security conscious.
- Ability to be available 24/7.
- Ability to work in a security confined environment.
Jobs that might be of interest:Part Time Secure Driver
Apply now Full Time Secure Driver
Apply now Branch Security Officer - 30 Hours Per Week
Apply now Mobile Branch Driver - 24 Hours Per Week
Apply now Branch Security Officer