Full Time Pharmacy Technician Northamptonshire £24,214 - £28,608
Full Time Pharmacy TechnicianLocation: Northamptonshire | Salary: £24,214 - £28,608 | Posted: 15 Jan 2019 | Closes: 12 Mar 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7414
HMP Rye Hill
Full Time (40 hours)
£24,214 - £28,608
HMP Rye Hill is situated in the village of Willoughby, near Rugby, in Warwickshire. A PFI prison which opened in 2001, it is a category “B” training prison, acting as a national resource for sentenced male adults who have been convicted of a current or previous sex offence(s). The capacity of the prison is 625.
The sentence requirement for HMP Rye Hill is for prisoners who have been sentenced to over four years and have at least 12 months left to serve. No more than 15% of the population must be in denial of their offence. The philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible and reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe, and causes of prison stress are minimised.
We are currently have an opportunity for a Full Time Pharmacy Technician to join our Healthcare team.
To administer medication including controlled drugs, Supporting the delivery of a medicines management services, delivery of primary care, health promotion and education.
- Administration single does medication including controlled drugs (Not in possession)
- Administration in possession medication
- Complete and support medication risk assessments
- Reconciling the patients medication history,
- Facilities the supply of medication for patients attending court or transferred.
- The assessment of patients own drugs.
- Providing original pack dispensing,
- The supply of patients discharge medicines.
- Support and development of the use of electronic prescribing and recording of medication administered.
- Provide advice, within area of competence to patients as agreed with qualified healthcare professional
- Work alongside qualified healthcare professionals to provide clinics and treatments, including health promotion initiatives as agreed by Line Manager.
- Build good relationships with key stakeholders, including external agencies, to assist in ensuring the delivery of safe and effective health and social care service.
- Is able to work well as part of a team.
- Clean equipment and other items, as required, so that they remain safe, serviceable and ready to use at all times.
- Follow all current procedures in order to maintain security and Health & Safety at all times.
- Complete all relevant documentation to deadline in accordance with professional, contractual and company requirements.
- Maintain security within the secure environment at all times by complying with all security instructions.
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained at all times, adhering to data protection and maintaining Caldicott Guidelines.
- Communicate effectively with appropriate others to minimise risk.
- Operate within the equality and diversity framework at all times.
- Participate in bi annual Employee Development Review (EDR).
- Follow G4S policies and procedures at all times, adhering to legislation and best practice.
- Actively participates in training as identified in conjunction with Line Manager.
- Carry out any reasonable request from your Line Manager
The Ideal Candidate:
- Supporting and working with others
- Dealing with complexity
- Acting professionally
- Delivering great customer service
- Sharing and co-operating
- Dealing with Changing Circumstances
Essential Skills & Knowledge Required:
- Experience of working within a team
- Experience of working within a healthcare environment
- Able to demonstrate a good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Experience of working with potentially aggressive people
- Appropriate accredited technician checking qualification
- Registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council as a Pharmacy Technician
- BTEC in pharmaceutical science or NVQ Level 3 supported by appropriate underpinning knowledge e.g. BTEC in Pharmaceutical Sciences, NPA or equivalent qualification
Desirable Skills & Knowledge:
- Experience of working within a secure environment.
- Substance misuse knowledge and experience
- Driving License.
- Smoking cessation advisor
- Experience of immunisation and vaccination.
- Experience of capillary blood testing procedures
Jobs that might be of interest:Head of Healthcare
Location: Brasside, Durham
Apply now Substance Misuse Specialist / Non-Medical Prescriber
Apply now Primary Care Nurse
Apply now Healthcare Support Worker
Apply now Male SARC Crisis Worker / Engagement Officer