French Bilingual Proposal Writer Etobicoke, Ontario Competitive
French Bilingual Proposal WriterLocation: Etobicoke, Ontario | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 19 Jul 2021 | Closes: 19 Aug 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Canada | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/2239755/214693
G4S Canada - Bilingual Proposal Writer (French/English)
This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for employment by G4S Secure Solutions (Canada) Inc. (G4S), including but not limited to: criminal police information check (CPIC), background check, minimum age and minimum education (high school diploma or foreign equivalency, or earned GED). As well, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The individual in this position is required to follow any other instructions and perform any other duties requested by this position’s management.
The Bilingual Bid Writer develops, writes and responds to National Requests for Information/Proposal/ Quote (RFI/RFP/RFQ) for submission to large prospective and current clients in response to specifications. Additional responsibilities include preparing presentations based on previously submitted proposals and responding to follow-up requests, The Bilingual Bid Writer works with key internal and external stakeholders to coordinate timely and professional responses. This role will also be expected to support the Communications team with internal and external communications in both French and English.
G4S offers various perks such as free access to thousands of learning material and training and a very supportive work environment.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities
- Write proposals using the input obtained from multiple business units and leaders in a concise, responsive, logical fashion while ensuring that the information provided complies with the specifications
- Analyzes the requirements of Requests and decides what information needs to be included in the proposal
- Coordinates with field offices, Headquarters departments, and additional research to determine how to further develop appropriate responses
- Disseminates proposals for clients by required deadlines; provides necessary copies to field offices, Managers of Business Development and Head office staff
- Plans and prepares proposal content
- Coordinate and submit follow up responses throughout bid process
- Support the Communications team with written internal and external communications in both French and English.
The Ideal Candidate:
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 1 year proposal writing experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of translation experience in a business environment
- Must have College diploma or University degree in any of the following fields: Copywriting, English, Communications, Advertising, Marketing, or Journalism
- Proven ability to write clear, compelling copy. Excellent command of both the English and French language: both verbal and written
- Demonstrate a high degree of literacy; i.e. reading for comprehension, ability to make inferences, ability to read and produce documents written at the advanced English level
- Capacity to multitask and manage multiple projects at the same time
- Other key skills: Critical thinking, innovation, creativity, self-starter, able to work both independently and in a team setting. Strong organizational skills, time management. and attention to detail is vital.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications is required. Experience with Salesforce or other CRM system is an asset.
- Able to compile, sort, and interpret data. As well as, research, investigate, compile information mediate conflict with tact, diplomacy
About the Company:
G4S is an inclusive and equitable employer, encouraging applications from qualified women and men including persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, and Aboriginal persons.
G4S est un employeur inclusif et équitable, en encourageant les candidatures de femmes qualifiées et les hommes y compris les personnes handicapées, les membres des minorités visibles et les personnes autochtones.