Forensic Medical Examiner Devon £32.06
Forensic Medical ExaminerLocation: Devon | Salary: £32.06 | Posted: 30 Nov 2021 | Closes: 4 Jan 2022 | Job Type: Part Time and Permanent | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10569
Bank Forensic Medical Examiner
£32.06 per hour
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
Are you a Doctor looking for a change? We have several opportunities in a forensic setting in the Devon area?
We offer the opportunity to join an established setting where you will have autonomy to make your own decisions, whilst working alongside other departments and stakeholders. These roles are varied and will include triage and the management of patients.
- To carry out examinations in accordance with G4S Medical Services guidelines
- To work within the scope of your professional registration
- All police calls should be attended without delay
- Arrival times, assessment start and end time should be confirmed via the HCP line
- The FME must always remain to be seen as impartial, independent and without bias
- To be available for court attendance when requested
- To submit statements within 7 days of the request
- To treat the detained person as a patient and make clear that no evidence can be treated in ‘confidence’.
- You must complete any form of documentation whether written or electronic as required from time to time by the Police or G4S Forensic and Medical Services
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Full registration with the GMC with a licence to practice
- Completed FY2 as a minimum
- A&E experience
- Psychiatry experience
- Good communication
- Medical Indemnity (minimum £10 million)
- Driving licence, plus access to own vehicle
- Diligence and empathy
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics )
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a minimum 5 year checkable employment and education history including criminal record vetting.
To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
If you are successful at the interview stage, you will be required to complete all vetting paperwork within 7 working days.
It is G4S’ current policy (subject to the Equality Act 2010), in the light of the specific work being undertaken, that all [employees] must be fully vaccinated or have had the relevant [“full”]Covid-19 vaccinations [(including any “waiting period”)] by their commencement date.
A Disability Confident application was made a couple of years ago for the whole of G4S UK and Ireland, although the submission (including case studies etc) came from ESS. At that time Level 2 was awarded. Submission was recently made for re accreditation - but this time for Level 3 - and attached is the certificate confirming their achievement (which was again awarded to the whole business).
Jobs that might be of interest:Sexual Offence Examiner (Nurse/ Midwife)
Apply now Peripatetic Nurse / Paramedic (Devon)
Location: Devon, Devon
Apply now Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)
Apply now Nurse / Paramedic
Location: Exeter, Devon
Apply now Nurse / Paramedic
Location: Barnstaple, Devon