Forensic Auditor (Centurion) - G4S Cash Solutions - South Africa Centurion Market related
Forensic Auditor (Centurion) - G4S Cash Solutions - South AfricaLocation: Centurion | Salary: Market related | Posted: 6 Nov 2019 | Closes: 17 Nov 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: South Africa - Cash Solutions | Region / Division: Cash Division | Reference: G4S/TP/2716490/174799
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
Forensic Auditor: ATM Operations
G4S Cash Solutions has a vacancy for a Forensic Auditor based in Centurion.
Reporting to the General Manager: ATM Operations, the Forensic Auditor is responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely administration/completion of the forensic investigation process in line with company policies and procedures.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which management support plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Main purpose of position:
The role is responsible for leading and conducting investigations of fraud and ATM difference on various cash dispense and acceptance devices serviced and maintained by G4S. Additionally, the person is responsible for preparing reports, communicating findings to management, and recommending corrective action related to internal control failures.
Detection and prevention of fraud
- Carry out the tasks and functions to prevent, detect, and investigate issues of fraud, theft and losses on cash devices.
- Identify, and clearly define forensic issues and root causes, recommend improved internal controls and business processes, and ensure that corrective action plans are developed
- Promote a zero tolerance control environment where fraud or noncompliance is unacceptable and difficult to conceal.
Conduct investigations through liaison with internal and external parties
- Engage internal/external resources in an effort to address allegations of fraud raised within the ATM environment within the company.
- Conduct informational and admission seeking type interview.
- Conduct internal investigations to identify exact trends and possible cause for cash losses, including theft, fraud, collusion and records falsification.
- Prepare clear, comprehensive and cohesive investigative reports and memorandums in a timely manner.
- Prepare work papers to adequately document investigations performed with supporting evidence for all forensic findings.
- During the investigative process, provide effective recommendations and solutions to identified issues; ensure business agreement, and follow-through.
- Interface with various levels of the organisation.
- Provide concise and meaningful updates to management as well as investigator team.
- Provide coaching of less experienced team members aimed at facilitating the completion of investigations and developing team members' forensic investigation skills.
Analyses of information and trend identification and compilation of reports
- Create, analyse and evaluate information to identify trends in all differences identified on cash devices within the ATM operational environment.
- Gather, review, and analyse data in support of an investigation
- Identify, analyse and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets by reviewing computer reports, printouts and hard copy documentation.
- The Auditor may also review forensic reports for content and apply proper editing to ensure a professional work product.
- Assist in special projects as assigned
Health and Safety (company wide initiative)
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the branch/region/national safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents on all levels
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
- Wear protective clothing all the time
The Ideal Candidate:
- Grade 12
- 3 year tertiary qualification or higher in Accounting, Finance, Law or similar preferred
- CPA/ CFE/ CFA /CIA certifications desired
- Previous specialised ATM, banking or cash processing industry experience preferred
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years’ corporate or internal investigations experience
- Proven experience in Customer Relationship Management
- Ability to present forensic findings in an objective and unbiased manner.
Skills and Attributes:
- Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Solid experience with data mining software
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Have strong, proficient analytical skills.
- Possess excellent organisational and prioritisation skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks under stressful conditions
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- We act with Integrity and Respect - Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
- We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence - We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
- We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork - We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
For more information on G4S, please visit: www.g4s.com