Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner (Nurse) £150.00
Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner (Nurse)Location: | Salary: £150.00 | Posted: 14 Feb 2020 | Closes: 10 Apr 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 8574
Sexual Offence Examiner (Nurse / Midwife)
Rates: £100 on-call allowance and £150 when called to SARC
We are recruiting for a Sexual Offence Examiner in the Wiltshire area (SN3 4RB). Main location Swindon Sexual Assault Referral Center (SARC)
As a Flexi SOE, you will be required to give your monthly availability and will then be allocated shifts based on this. The shift times available are 07.00 – 19.00 or 19.00 – 07.00.
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centers (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
Benefits as a Sexual Offence Examiner:
- £100 on-call allowance and £150 when called to SARC.
- G4S Great for Savings: Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
Job Outline: You will be joining a kind and compassionate team who are passionate about providing quality care to complainants of sexual assaults. The work includes conducting forensic medical examinations that are dual-purpose examinations encompassing holistic healthcare needs alongside the impartial gathering of forensic evidence according to Faculty of Forensic and Legal Medicine (FFLM) guidelines. These examinations utilise trauma-focused care in order to attempt to minimise the potential physical and psychological sequelae of the crime. You will be requested to write statements on request. You may be called to attend court to give evidence as a professional witness.
This is highly specialised work and therefore prior to starting you will be required to attend a four-day induction to sexual offence examination and due to the nature of the work must clear enhanced police vetting. You will be expected to shadow experienced nurse and medical examiners in order to demonstrate competencies prior to being signed off to practice independently. To maintain your competencies you must see a minimum of 20 cases per year and attend four peer review sessions. This work is patient focused, precise, challenging and ultimately extremely rewarding.
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills as a SOE Nurse/ Midwife:
- Registered Nurse or Midwife with 4 years post-registration experience
- Registered with the NMC
- Experience and confidence working as an Autonomous Practitioner
- Excellent Safeguarding knowledge and understanding
- Excellent communication skills & empathic personality
- Good Venepuncture skills
- Intermediate life support
- Driving license and access to own vehicle
Desirable Skills as a SOE Nurse/ Midwife:
- Gynaecological Examination skills including use of a speculum
- Forensic Awareness or previous clinical forensic medicine experience
- Knowledge of the use of a proctoscope for rectal examination
- Sexual Health experience including blood borne virus risk and emergency contraception advice
- Mental health experience
- Statement writing and giving evidence experience
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients). Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. Please note that this vacancy is subject to a minimum 5-year checkable employment/ education history.
To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the UK.