Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner - Nurse Bicester, Oxfordshire Shift Rates
Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner - NurseLocation: Bicester, Oxfordshire | Salary: Shift Rates | Posted: 9 May 2019 | Closes: 6 Jun 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7808
Sexual Offence Examiner (SOE) - Nurse
Location: Thames Valley SARC team, covering Bicester and Slough SARC's. You must live within 90 minutes of these locations.
Shifts: As a Flexi SOE, you will be required to give your monthly availability and will then be allocated shifts based on this. The hours of work will 12 hour shifts, 365 days per year. You must be able to commit to at least 6 shifts per month.
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
A Sexual Assault Referral Centre is a dedicated centre providing a comprehensive service to men and women who have suffered sexual assault, both for those who wish to involve the Police and those who self-refer. Utilising a multi-disciplinary team of Doctors, Nurses, Crisis Workers, Police Officers and support staff the SARC will provide crisis support, appropriate facilities and trained staff for completion of forensic medical examination, provision and advice regarding aftercare including Sexual Health and Emergency contraception, as well as facilitating onward support and referrals to other agencies, such as Counselling, Independent Sexual Violence Advisors and Health.
Benefits as a Sexual Offence Examiner:
- £100 on-call allowance and £150 when called to SARC.
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- G4S Great for Savings: Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- G4S Box Office: As an official supplier to The O2, employees have the chance to buy tickets for a range of events
- O2 Discounts: For discounted offers on handsets, tariffs and broadband
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Love to Shop Campaigns
As a Sexual Offences Examiner (SOE) you will provide an essential service acting as an independent practitioner supporting the Criminal Justice System by providing forensic examinations of complainants of rape or sexual assault. For all examinations, the SOE must accurately document findings. If required the SOE will produce these as a written report for the use of the courts or other agencies. Whenever called upon to do so by the Police, the SOE must attend at any Court as a professional witness for the purpose of giving objective and unbiased evidence.
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills as a SOE Nurse/ Midwife:
- Registered Nurse or Midwife with 4 years post-reg experience
- Experience and confidence working as an Autonomous Practitioner
- Excellent Safeguarding knowledge and understanding
- Speculum Examination skills
Desirable Skills as a SOE Nurse/ Midwife:
- Sexual Health
- Women’s Health
- Forensic Awareness
- Statement writing and giving evidence experience
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a minimum 5 year checkable employment and education history including criminal record vetting.
To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
Jobs that might be of interest:Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)
Apply now Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Apply now Flexi Crisis Worker
Apply now Crisis Worker/Admin
Apply now Health Care Professional
Location: Workington, Cumbria