Flexi Crisis Worker Dorset £25
Flexi Crisis WorkerLocation: Dorset | Salary: £25 | Posted: 15 Jun 2022 | Closes: 13 Jul 2022 | Job Type: Part Time and Permanent | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 11964
Dorset SARC, BH1 1QQ
Flexible Zero Hour Contract
Shifts: 07:00 - 19:00
19:00 - 07:00 weekdays, weekends, nights
£25 retainer, £57.50 for call outs minimum 4 hrs paid, £12.50 p.h thereafter. £12.50 for training/admin
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
Job Outline: To provide the highest level of on-call advocacy support for all clients accessing the SARC service
Exciting opportunity to join the Shores SARC Dorset.
A Sexual Assault Referral Centre is a dedicated centre providing a comprehensive service to men and women who have suffered sexual assault, both for those who wish to involve the Police and those who self-refer. Utilising a multi-disciplinary team of Doctors, Nurses, Crisis Workers, Police Officers and support staff the SARC will provide crisis support, appropriate facilities and trained staff for completion of forensic medical examination, provision and advice regarding aftercare including Sexual Health and Emergency contraception, as well as facilitating onward support and referrals to other agencies, such as Counselling, Independent Sexual Violence Advisors and Health.
Please see the attached Job Description for further details including key competencies, essential and desirable skills and knowledge. Full training will be given.
You will need to live within 60 minutes driving time of the SARC;
We are looking for Flexi staff able to give at least 4 shifts per month availability mainly weekend and night time cover with some M-F daytime to cover annual leave.
- To assist with the administration and management of clients accessing the SARC service
- To arrive at the SARC within 60 minutes in the event of a call-out
- To offer a welcoming environment to all service users and visitors upon their arrival at the SARC
- To provide advocacy service to all SARC clients
- Provide sensitive, non–judgmental support, enabling the service user to regain control and selfesteem.
- To work within a multi-disciplinary team, liaising and providing support to each other To offer telephone support to SARC clients
- To provide information to enable clients to make informed decisions in relation to the self-referral option, medical care, forensic examination, making a police report and onward referrals.
- To produce clear record keeping/documentation and ensure it’s secure storage as per SARC policy.
- To operate within the equality and diversity framework ensuring all staff / patients receive equal treatment at all times
- Understands all company policies and procedures, delivers contractual obligations, quality audits and compliance to areas of responsibilities
- To assess, offer and gain consent from the client for any onward referrals.
- To ensure a high standard of DNA decontamination between forensic cases.
- To assist with the collection of forensic samples, ensuring continuity and chain of evidence are maintained.
- Undertake the Crisis Worker role at any location outside the SARC in order to meet service needs
The Ideal Candidate:
- Previous experience of working with vulnerable people.
- Full Driving Licence and access to own vehicle.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Competent Computer Skills
- Recent NHS experience
- Experience of working with victims of sexual assault.
- Relevant qualification in supporting victims of sexual abuse and/or physical abuse.
- Forensic Awareness
- Multi-Agency Working
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- Subsidised healthcare plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Assistance Programme Scheme (Confidential Counselling Services, 24/7 support specialising in health and medical topics)
- Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- Progression, training and development opportunities
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients). Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a minimum 5 year checkable employment and education history including criminal record vetting. To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the UK.
Please Note: If you are successful at interview you will be required to attend site within 7 working days for a vetting interview.
Jobs that might be of interest:Clinical Lead Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)
Apply now Flexi Crisis Worker
Apply now Flexi SOE Nurse
Apply now Nurse/ RGN/ RMN / RNLD
Location: Bridgend [Pen-y-bont ar Ogwr GB-POG]
Apply now Bank Nurse / Paramedic - HCP