Flexi Crisis Worker £20.00
Flexi Crisis WorkerLocation: | Salary: £20.00 | Posted: 14 Feb 2020 | Closes: 13 Mar 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 8053
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
A Sexual Assault Referral Centre is a dedicated centre providing a comprehensive service to men, women and children who have suffered sexual assault, both for those who wish to involve the Police and those who self-refer. Utilising a multi-disciplinary team of Doctors, Nurses, Crisis Workers, Police Officers and support staff the SARC will provide crisis support, appropriate facilities and trained staff for completion of forensic medical examination, provision and advice regarding aftercare including emergency contraception, pregnancy testing, as well as facilitating counselling and ongoing support via third sector agencies and Independent Sexual Violence Advisors.
We are recruiting for a Flexi Crisis Worker to join our team in Thames Valley (Bicester)
(Bicester OX26 2NR)
Rates of Pay as a Flexi Crisis Worker:
- On-Call Rates: 06:00-18:00 - £20 Retainer and 18:00-06:00 - £20 Retainer
- Call out - £50 for the first four hours inclusive and £12.50 thereafter.
- £8.50 per hour for training/supervision/appraisals
- Self referral calls (per client per shift) £30
- 25p per mile mileage
Shifts: As a Flexi Crisis Worker, you will be required to give your monthly availability and will then be allocated shifts based on this. The hours of work will be between 06:00-18:00 and 18:00 and 06:00. You must be able to commit to a minimum of 4 shifts per month.
Other Benefits as a Flexi Crisis Worker:
- G4S Life Assurance Scheme
- G4S Great for Savings: Discounts on high street shops and brands including several leading high street brands, retailers and travel suppliers
- G4S Box Office: As an official supplier to The O2, employees have the chance to buy tickets for a range of events
- O2 Discounts: For discounted offers on handsets, tariffs and broadband
- Eye Care Vouchers – Free eye-tests/discounts for VDU users
- Hospital Saturday Fund (HSF) Health Plan
- Charity work- Match-IT and Payroll Giving
- Employee Care Scheme (Best Doctors and First Assist Counselling Services)
- Refer A Friend Scheme
- Love to Shop Campaigns
Job outline: To provide the highest level of on-call advocacy support for all clients accessing the SARC service
The Ideal Candidate:
Skills and Knowledge
- Previous experience of working with vulnerable people.
- Full Driving Licence and Access to own vehicle.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Competent Computer Skills
- Experience of working with victims of sexual assault.
- Relevant qualification in supporting victims of sexual abuse and/or physical abuse.
- Forensic Awareness
- Multi-Agency Working
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable people in a caring and compassionate way. A DBS check and relevant police/ prison clearance will be required to exclude any individuals with a history of behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients). Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a minimum 5 year checkable employment and education history including criminal record vetting. To apply for this role, you must be eligible to work in the