Flexi Crisis Worker Bransford, Worcestershire £15.00 - £25.00
Flexi Crisis WorkerLocation: Bransford, Worcestershire | Salary: £15.00 - £25.00 | Posted: 28 Jan 2019 | Closes: 11 Feb 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7493
Flexi Crisis Worker
SARC - The Glade, Bransford, Worcestershire.
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
We are recruiting for a Flexi Crisis Worker to join our team in the Worcestershir region.
Benefits as a Crisis Worker:
- Rates of Pay: On Call (08:00-17:00) - £15 retainer, (17:00 - 08:00) - £25 retainer, Call Out: £50 for the first 4 hours inclusive & then £12.50 thereafter and £8.50 per hour for training/supervision/appraisals
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Employee discount scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- O2, Aviva and British Gas discounts
To provide the highest level of on-call advocacy support for all clients accessing the SARC service
- To assist with the administration and management of clients accessing the SARC service
- To arrive at the SARC within 60 minutes in the event of a call-out
- To offer a welcoming environment to all service users and visitors upon their arrival at the SARC
- To provide advocacy service to all SARC clients
- Provide sensitive, non–judgmental support, enabling the service user to regain control and self- esteem.
- To work within a multi-disciplinary team, liaising and providing support to each other
- To offer telephone support to SARC clients
- To provide information to enable clients to make informed decisions in relation to the self-referral option, medical care, forensic examination, making a police report and onward referrals.
- To produce clear record keeping/documentation and ensure it’s secure storage as per SARC policy.
- To operate within the equality and diversity framework ensuring all staff / patients receive equal treatment at all times
- Understands all company policies and procedures, delivers contractual obligations, quality audits and compliance to areas of responsibilities
- To assess, offer and gain consent from the client for any onward referrals.
- To ensure a high standard of DNA decontamination between forensic cases.
- To assist with the collection of forensic samples, ensuring continuity and chain of evidence are maintained.
- Undertake the Crisis Worker role at any location outside the SARC in order to meet service needs if required, erg Hospital, Prison, Care Home.
- To document clearly any safeguarding concerns, complete any relevant risk assessments and liaise with the Sexual Offence Examiner, police officer and SARC office team.
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills Required:
- Previous experience of working with
- vulnerable people.
- Full Driving Licence and Access to own vehicle.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Competent Computer Skills
- Recent NHS experience
- Experience of working with victims of sexual assault.
- Relevant qualification in supporting victims of sexual abuse and/or physical abuse.
- Forensic Awareness
- Multi-Agency Working
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.
Jobs that might be of interest: