Flexi SARC Crisis Worker Bicester, Oxfordshire £20 retainer, £12.50ph
Flexi SARC Crisis WorkerLocation: Bicester, Oxfordshire | Salary: £20 retainer, £12.50ph | Posted: 21 Mar 2019 | Closes: 18 Apr 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7454
G4S Health Services has been one of the leading providers to all justice health environments since 2005. Working across Secure, Custody and Sexual Assault Referral Centres (SARC) across the UK, we provide primary care and forensic healthcare to a wide range of patients.
We are recruiting for Flexi Crisis Workers in the Bicester Area.
Benefits as a Flexi Crisis Worker:
- Rate of pay: £20 retainer, £12.50 ph for call outs – minimum 4 hrs paid (£8.50 for training/admin)
- Company pension scheme with employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Employee discount scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- O2, Aviva and British Gas discounts
Flexi hours: 4 shifts per month minimum:18.00 – 06.00 (option of 2 hours overtime to 8am if required)
To provide on-call advocacy support for all clients accessing the SARC service.
- To assist with the administration and management of clients accessing the SARC service
- To arrive at the SARC within 60 minutes in the event of a call-out
- To offer a welcoming environment to all service users and visitors upon their arrival at the SARC
- To provide advocacy service to all SARC clients
- To provide sensitive and non–judgmental support, enabling the service user to regain control and self-esteem.
- To work within a multi-disciplinary team, liaising and providing support to each other
- To offer telephone support to SARC clients
- To provide information to enable clients to make informed decisions in relation to the self-referral option, medical care, forensic examination, making a police report and onward referrals.
- To produce clear record keeping/documentation and ensure it’s secure storage as per SARC policy.
- To assess, offer and gain consent from the client for any onward referrals.
- To ensure a high standard of DNA decontamination between forensic cases.
- To assist with the collection of forensic samples, ensuring continuity and chain of evidence are maintained.
- Undertake the Crisis Worker role at any location outside the SARC in order to meet service needs if required, eg Hospital, Prison, Care Home.
- To document clearly any safeguarding concerns, complete any relevant risk assessments and liaise with the Sexual Offence Examiner, police officer and SARC office team.
- To feedback any issues or clinical incidents to the SARC Manager
- To maintain a SARC training matrix by attending peer supervision, appraisals, undertaking reflective practice and completing mandatory training.
- To provide availability for a 24/7 on-call rota shift pattern.
- To adhere Policies and Procedures produced by G4S FMS and the SARC.
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills & Knowledge:
- Previous Experience of working with vulnerable clients.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Driving Licence
Desirable Skills & Knowledge:
- Previous role working with victims of sexual assault
- Forensic Awareness
- Multi-Agency Working
This role requires the ability to work with vulnerable, frail people, who may be distressed or experiencing pain, in a caring and compassionate way. A Criminal Records Bureau check will therefore be required to exclude any individual with a history of criminal behaviour which could be considered unacceptable (by G4S or the clients) in a patient care environment. Safety is of paramount importance and the post holder must ensure that safe systems of work are followed without compromise. The post holder needs to be committed to maintaining high standards of customer care and service delivery.
Jobs that might be of interest:Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)
Apply now Flexi SOE Nurse
Apply now Flexi Nurse / Paramedic (HCP)
Apply now Flexi Nurse / Paramedic (HCP)
Apply now Bank Nurse / Paramedic (HCP)