Flexi Crisis Worker Bicester, Oxfordshire £20 retainer, £12.50ph
Flexi Crisis WorkerLocation: Bicester, Oxfordshire | Salary: £20 retainer, £12.50ph | Posted: 18 Jan 2019 | Closes: 8 Feb 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7427
Flexi Crisis Worker
Solace SARC (Bicester)
£20 retainer, £12.50ph for call outs –minimum 4 hrs paid (£8.50 for training/admin)
Flexi hours: 4 shifts per month minimum:18.00 – 06.00 (option of 2 hours overtime to 8am if required)
To provide on-call advocacy support for all clients accessing the SARC service.
- To assist with the administration and management of clients accessing the SARC service
- To arrive at the SARC within 60 minutes in the event of a call-out
- To offer a welcoming environment to all service users and visitors upon their arrival at the SARC
- To provide advocacy service to all SARC clients
- To provide sensitive and non–judgmental support, enabling the service user to regain control and self-esteem.
- To work within a multi-disciplinary team, liaising and providing support to each other
- To offer telephone support to SARC clients
- To provide information to enable clients to make informed decisions in relation to the self-referral option, medical care, forensic examination, making a police report and onward referrals.
- To produce clear record keeping/documentation and ensure it’s secure storage as per SARC policy.
- To assess, offer and gain consent from the client for any onward referrals.
- To ensure a high standard of DNA decontamination between forensic cases.
- To assist with the collection of forensic samples, ensuring continuity and chain of evidence are maintained.
- Undertake the Crisis Worker role at any location outside the SARC in order to meet service needs if required, eg Hospital, Prison, Care Home.
- To document clearly any safeguarding concerns, complete any relevant risk assessments and liaise with the Sexual Offence Examiner, police officer and SARC office team.
- To feedback any issues or clinical incidents to the SARC Manager
- To maintain a SARC training matrix by attending peer supervision, appraisals, undertaking reflective practice and completing mandatory training.
- To provide availability for a 24/7 on-call rota shift pattern.
- To adhere Policies and Procedures produced by G4S FMS and the SARC.
- Effective Communication Skills
- Advocacy Skills
- Multi-disciplinary Team working
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills & Knowledge
- Previous Experience of working with vulnerable clients.
- Communication Skills
Desirable Skills & Knowledge
- Previous role working with victims of sexual assault
- Forensic Awareness
- Multi-Agency Working
Jobs that might be of interest: