Flexi Crisis Worker - West Mercia SARC Bransford, Worcestershire 15.00 - 25.00
Flexi Crisis Worker - West Mercia SARCLocation: Bransford, Worcestershire | Salary: 15.00 - 25.00 | Posted: 19 Dec 2018 | Closes: 30 Jan 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Part-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 7292
Flexi Crisis Worker
SARC -The Glade (Bransford)
Pay Details: On Call - 08:00-17:00 £15 retainer
17:00-08:00 £25 retainer
Call Out: £50 for the first 4 hours inclusive & then £12.50 thereafter
£8.50 per hour for training/supervision/appraisals
Job Outline: To provide the highest level of on-call advocacy support for all clients accessing the SARC service
- To assist with the administration and management of clients accessing the SARC service
- To arrive at the SARC within 60 minutes in the event of a call-out
- To offer a welcoming environment to all service users and visitors upon their arrival at the SARC
- To provide advocacy service to all SARC clients
- Provide sensitive, non–judgmental support, enabling the service user to regain control and self- esteem.
- To work within a multi-disciplinary team, liaising and providing support to each other
- To offer telephone support to SARC clients
- To provide information to enable clients to make informed decisions in relation to the self-referral option, medical care, forensic examination, making a police report and onward referrals.
- To produce clear record keeping/documentation and ensure it’s secure storage as per SARC policy.
- To operate within the equality and diversity framework ensuring all staff / patients receive equal treatment at all times
- Understands all company policies and procedures, delivers contractual obligations, quality audits and compliance to areas of responsibilities
- To assess, offer and gain consent from the client for any onward referrals.
- To ensure a high standard of DNA decontamination between forensic cases.
- To assist with the collection of forensic samples, ensuring continuity and chain of evidence are maintained.
- Undertake the Crisis Worker role at any location outside the SARC in order to meet service needs if required, erg Hospital, Prison, Care Home.
- To document clearly any safeguarding concerns, complete any relevant risk assessments and liaise with the Sexual Offence Examiner, police officer and SARC office team.
- Understanding the organizational environment
- Understanding the organizations goal and objectives
- Supporting and working with others
- Delivering Objectives
- Dealing with Changing Circumstances
- Sharing and Co-operating
The Ideal Candidate:
Essential Skills Required:
- Previous experience of working with
- vulnerable people.
- Full Driving Licence and Access to own vehicle.
- Strong communication skills both written and oral.
- Competent Computer Skills
- Recent NHS experience
- Experience of working with victims of sexual assault.
- Relevant qualification in supporting victims of sexual abuse and/or physical abuse.
- Forensic Awareness
- Multi-Agency Working
Jobs that might be of interest:Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)
Apply now Male SARC Crisis Worker / Engagement Officer
Apply now Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner (Doctor)
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Apply now Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner - Nurse
Location: Bicester, Oxfordshire
Apply now Flexi Sexual Offence Examiner - Doctor
Location: Bicester, Oxfordshire