Fleet ManagerLocation: Lusaka | Salary: 0.00 - 0.00 | Posted: 22 Jan 2020 | Closes: 31 Jan 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Zambia | Region / Division: Africa | Reference: G4S/TP/4377244/182879
Responsible for the efficient running of the company’s fleet of vehicles and to deal with the day-to-day operations of the division.
Core Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Scheduling service and repair programmes in order to ensure that vehicles are kept in working order and that this is achieved in the most cost effective manner.
- Provide statistical information on utilisation of vehicles which will help assess appropriateness of different types for the different operations.
- To provide advise to user departments on vehicle manufacturers’ guidelines and government legislation covering the running of the business and to ensure that these are not violated.
- Provide first line Mechanical Diagnostics which will determine the course of action in solving vehicle problems
- Coordinate the installation of Fleet Management Software and ensure that the software is used to manage utilisation of vehicles and monitor driver behaviour
- To provide Fleet Replacement and Lifecycle Management advice and coordination in order to ensure that vehicles are not kept longer than their cost effective use permits.
- Manage the operations of the in house workshop in order to ensure minimum vehicle down time and that it is run in a cost effective manner
- Use computer software to collect and analyse information about the fleet which can be used towards decision making, the information could include:
- mileage and fuel costs
- service schedules and maintenance histories
- accident reports
- car availability and vehicle locations
- the fleet's taxable value, capital value and depreciation rate.
The Ideal Candidate:
Have a Degree in transport management, logistics, business management, operations management or related field
Minimum of 3 years in transport/fleet management, logistics or related environment.
Be competent with great Negotiating skills; Interpersonal skills & analytical skills and pay attention to detail
Jobs that might be of interest: