Firearms Licensing Administration AssistantLocation: Lincoln | Salary: £18,137.60 per annum | Posted: 26 May 2020 | Closes: 9 Jun 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: G20/60
In 2012 G4S and Lincolnshire Police formed a Strategic Partnership and we are now currently looking for an individual who is interested in joining us as a Firearms Licensing Administration Assistant.
This is a full time position for 40 hours per week. The post is based at Lincolnshire Police Headquarters, Nettleham. The benefits of working from this location include; free car parking and 24 hours use of a free gym.
The ideal candidate will be required to work within a multi-disciplinary department, maintaining and interrogating computer systems, to quality control the accuracy and validity of information held in accordance with Force Policy, National Guidance and the Data Protection Act 1984. They will also provide support and assistance within the department ensuring the smooth operation of its core tasks and support operational officers. The ideal candidate will promote equality of opportunity to the people of Lincolnshire and treat all individuals fairly with dignity and respect, whilst providing a high quality, customer focused administrative support.
Please note that, due to the nature of security checks undertaken, applicants must have 3 years continuous residency in the UK up to the date of the application.
- Responsible for the inputting, updating, maintenance and quality control of information onto Police, National and other force computer systems in accordance with policies and directives current at the relevant time.
- Create and assist in the accurate and prompt maintenance of manual and computerised records to ensure the integrity of data held, in line with company policies and procedures so that all information is readily available and accessible.
- Liaise and work in partnership with but not limited to Lincolnshire Police, Partner Agencies and other Police Forces to maintain and strengthen the commitment to improve customer service.
- To administer process, maintain and progress Firearms Licensing information on appropriate computer systems or manual records and in accordance with national and locally agreed standards for quality and timeliness.
- To act as liaison for firearms licensing file progression between Police, FEOs and Decision Makers. Analyse directions, assess for further requirements and process ensuring timeliness is complied with.
- To administer process, review, maintain and progress file information on appropriate computer systems or manual records in accordance with national and locally agreed standards, quality and timeliness.
- Respond to enquiries or correspondence as required and provide the appropriate advice, guidance and support as necessary and in accordance with establish protocol.
- Responsible for the scanning, quality assurance and processing of information on computerised systems.
- The requirement where appropriate to attend and give evidence at court.
- Support other units within the G4S service as required from time to time.
- Undertake other clerical and administrative tasks as required including maintenance of data quality.
- Assist in training and to carry out other duties as may be required from time to time within the general scope of the post.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Dealing with Changing Circumstances
- Delivering Objectives
- Dealing with Complexity
- Acting Professionally
- Delivering great Customer Service
- Sharing and Co-Operating
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience of data input and retrieval and experience of working within an administrative role.
- Communicates effectively and clearly both verbally and in writing avoiding jargon
- Uses listening and questioning techniques to elicit relevant information
- Demonstrates a methodical approach to work with the ability to plan, co-ordinate and prioritise
- Demonstrates the ability to check, collate and analyse information ensuring a high degree of accuracy
- Demonstrates the ability to assimilate knowledge of relevant force policies and procedures.
- Ability to work using initiative
Desirable Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience in dealing and working within a computerised department
- Demonstrates knowledge of Police Computer Systems/ procedures and working practices
- Demonstrates knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
Jobs that might be of interest:IT Trainer
Location: Lincoln & Skegness
Apply now First Aid & Operational Trainer
Location: Lincoln & Skegness
Apply now Caretaker/Driver - Part time 20 hours per week
Apply now Caretaker / Driver (Part time 24 hours per week)
Apply now Resourcing Coordinator
Location: Worksop, Nottinghamshire