Fire & Security Site Systems EngineerLocation: Leiston, United Kingdom | Salary: Up to 48000 | Posted: 17 Jan 2024 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Permanent | Reference: 8878
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Security Systems Engineer to join our new site based engineering team at the Sizewell C Construction Site, near Leiston, Suffolk.
The position is permanent, full time, working 40hrs per week with additional call out / standby responsibilities and typically working as part of a dedicated 3 to 6 man engineering team. There will be an expectation to work flexibly to meet the shift patterns of the site, and opportunities will exist for supervisory and management roles as the project develops.
The project will involve working with world-class enterprise electronic security systems and would suit both experienced candidates, but also candidates with a good grounding in electronic security systems and a strong desire to step up and learn.
- Attend to reactive fault calls as directed by the team co-ordinators and / or Senior Site Engineer, with rectification of fault on first visit being a critical KPI.
- Carry out rolling programme of preventative maintenance as scheduled by the team co-ordinators and / or Senior Site Engineer.
- Carry out additional installation and commissioning works as directed by team co-ordinators and / or Senior Site Engineer.
- Assist Senior Site Engineer and Technical Lead in the pre-production test environment before release into the live environment.
- Assist the Design Team in conducting surveys around the site for additional works.
- Accurate collection and recording of site hardware and software configuration information in conjunction with the CAD Engineer.
- Maintain site stock (spares) levels.
- Maintain accurate and timely records.
- Provide cover on an out of hour’s basis on a rotating basis.
- Assist the site based management team in ensuring audits are carried out for quality procedures.
- In conjunction with the Senior Site Engineer and Health & Safety Manager, to assist in the production of Risk Assessments, Method Statements and other documentation as required to gain Permits to
Work in a timely manner.
- To proactively interact with other site based teams, building a good rapport, ensuring the smooth flow of information to enable the efficient running of the site operation.
- To work in absolute compliance with all site procedures and embrace the customer’s ‘Zero Harm to People and the Environment’ mantra.
- Carry out any additional tasks that may be required.
Skills and Knowledge;
- A minimum of 5 years experience installing and / or servicing a wide product base within the electronic
security industry – typically Access Control, CCTV and Intruder alarm systems.
- Excellent IT knowledge, eg. software installation into Windows Operating Systems, IP based systems and networking principles with basic switch configuration and diagnostics.
- Knowledge of basic electrical principals such as measuring voltage, resistance and current. Basic
knowledge of electrical components such as relays and resistors.
- Good attention to detail in order to ensure that all paperwork is correctly completed and procedures
are followed within the allotted timescales.
- An enthusiastic team player who is able to work well under pressure and maintain a professional
approach at all times.
- Comfortable working irregular hours and being on a 24/7 call rota.
- 5 year checkable employment history & Right to work in UK/EU unrestricted.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- Experience of C-Cure, Avigilon, ASL PAVA, PIDS Systems and PSIM integration.
- Experience of working in environments such as Nuclear, Power Generation, Oil/Gas, Rail or Aviation a distinct advantage.
- Previous or current clearance to SC level.
- Experience of working within the Mechanical/Electrical Construction Industry.
- Competitive salary on offer
- Matched pension scheme.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays.
- Life assurance scheme.
- Perks at work scheme.
- Further training and development.
G4S is the world's leading global, integrated security company specialising in the delivery of security and related services to customers across six continents. We specialise in outsourced business processes and facilities in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. We operate in over 90 countries. We have a truly global business with large established market positions in developed markets and outstanding positions in fast growing emerging markets. G4S has a unique global footprint, employing more than 570,000 people world-wide, and is the largest security solutions provider in the world.
Jobs that might be of interest: