Fire and Life Safety Inspector Indianapolis, Indiana $17.00
Fire and Life Safety InspectorLocation: Indianapolis, Indiana | Salary: $17.00 | Posted: 13 May 2020 | Closes: 13 Jun 2020 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: US Secure Solutions | Region / Division: North America | Reference: G4S/TP/L2985559/191502
PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO 561-660-9797 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE!
The world's leading private security organization, G4S, has an immediate job opportunity for a Fire and Life Safety Inspector. As a Fire and Life Safety Inspector, you will be responsible for administering the security/fire contract and ensuring compliance with regulatory and contractual requirements while having the ability to function effectively in a matrix managed system.The Fire and Life Safety Inspector will perform a variety of technical, administrative, and supervisory work in planning, organizing, directing, and implementing fire prevention, suppression, and emergency response services to prevent or minimize loss of life and property by fire and other associated emergency response activities.
G4S is a security provider for the United States government, fortune 500 companies, nuclear power plants, oil and gas companies, airport, ports, banks, hospitals, factories, warehouses, commercial facilities, residential communities and much more.
As a full time employee of G4S, you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid vacation
- Opportunities for additional training to aid in your professional development
As an employee you will also be able to participate in the Promote Me! Community. Promote Me! is available to interested current employees as a way to express interest in further advancement, as well as gain information and encourage professional development.
Further, as a current employee you will be eligible to participate in large group rates for the following benefits:
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Whole Life Insurance
- Individual Short-Term Disability
- Pre-Paid Legal Services
- Identity Theft Services
- Pet Insurance
In addition, G4S provides benefits that are automatically available to all full or part-time employees, whether you enroll in a G4S insurance plan or not. And with no premiums to pay!
- RxCut Pharmacy Discount Program
- Doctor on Demand
- Qualsight LASIK Savings
- Perks at Work: G4S Employee Discount Program
- Alliant Credit Union
- Purchasing Power
- Active & Fit: G4S Fitness Center Membership
- FinFit: Financial Wellness Program
- DailyPay: Access your pay when you need it
G4S offers job security, excellent pay and benefits, and career opportunities. We offer entry level careers, management careers, sales careers and executive careers across the United States and internationally.
Specific Duties and Essential Functions
- Inspection of fire prevention, protection and emergency response systems with a focus on risk reduction, while maintaining a state of readiness
- Assures compliance with applicable client Fire Prevention/Protection Manual as well as National Fire Prevention/Protection standards and regulations and act decisively in an emergency situation, will also interface with local and state fire authorities
- Review alarm system open/close reports, compile exception reports and forward to appropriate security manager/operations manager for review; and coordinate all impairments to fire protection systems and equipment to ensure that they are correctly and promptly fixed
- Responsible for field oversite of areas which include fire suppression, fire systems maintenance and testing, fire prevention, hot work permits, and emergency response planning as required by government regulations and client policies and procedures
- Audit site for compliance to policies and procedures regarding all fire prevention services
- Interface with and provide technical fire prevention/protection guidance to management and appropriate client personnel and regulatory agencies, including local and state fire authorities
- Remain current with engineering practices, procedures, and governmental regulations pertaining to fire prevention/protection and emergency response planning
- Assure all records are maintained and in compliance with client required standards
- Participate in fire prevention and protection training for security personnel such as fire suppression systems maintenance, testing, fire prevention, hot work, or medical response as assigned
- May be responsible for purchase, with client approval, of replacement fire equipment or supplies according to client procedures
- May be responsible for security duties in relation to the facility’s confined space permitting program and other safety related programs or committees; may be responsible for training relative to confined space entry and rescue, usage of self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA) and records associated with these activities, including fit testing of the SCBA.
- Ensure that client “Metric process” and corrective action processes are administered correctly
- Participate in pre-emergency planning as assists in the implementation of the emergency plans
- Ensure proper fire prevention and protection requirements are carried out during new construction, planned renovations and demolition projects
The Ideal Candidate:
Education, Licenses and Certifications Required
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Pass any State-required training or other qualifications for licensing
- Must possess a current and valid state Fire Fighter I and Fire Fighter II Certifications
- Current and valid driver’s License
- Current and valid CPR/Basic First Aid/ AED Certification or the ability to obtain within 30 days of hire
Type and Length of Specific Experience Required
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a group leadership role
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a fire prevention role
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Active listening skills
- Ability to assess and evaluate situations effectively
- Ability to identify critical issues quickly and accurately
- Attention to detail
- Must be at least 18 years old or the minimum age required by the state, if higher
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a foreign citizen authorized to legally work in the United States
- Subject to a drug screen to the extent permitted by law
- Must be able to provide, upon job offer, a DD214 discharge document with discharge status indicated, if prior military
Physical Requirements and Environment
Environment: Inside a building as well as outside work. Temperatures will range from extreme cold to extreme heat occasionally
Major activity: Walking, inspecting client property, little to no sitting during shifts.
Physical efforts to carry out job duties: To include some standing, bending, maneuvering up to 50 pounds, and occasional stretching and reaching.
About the Company:
EOE Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
G4S is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
and an Alcohol- and Drug-Free Workplace
G4S will consider qualified applications with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action or Diversity and Inclusion, or have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, please contact our Corporate Human Resources Department at (800) 506-6265.
To receive an update on your application status, please contact our local office by following this link: http://g4s.us/en/Contact-Us/Local-Offices
Jobs that might be of interest:Security Officer - Upscale - Multiple Site
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Apply now Security Shift Supervisor
Location: Plainfield, Indiana
Apply now Security Officer - Custom Protection
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Apply now Security Officer - Upscale
Location: Indiana, Indianapolis
Apply now Security Officer - Upscale
Location: Avon, Indiana