Financial Controller Baghdad/Basra Competitive
Financial ControllerLocation: Baghdad/Basra | Salary: Competitive | Posted: 8 Sep 2021 | Closes: 5 Oct 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Asia & Middle East - Corporate | Region / Division: Asia and Middle East | Reference: G4S/TP/6762318/217165
Financial Controller – financial control, reporting, forecasting and compliance duties for various roles in Iraq.
Accommodation will be provided in secure compound locations. The incumbent will be required to travel within the region on occasion and secure transport facilities will be provided for this purpose.
- Financial Control – process ownership. Responsible for maintaining, improving and enforcing fit for purpose processes in the business unit across the country.
- Corporate reporting – timely and accurate reporting to the India Shared Service Centre and Business unit management.(month-end, budgeting, forecasting, etc)
- Commercial - Contract tender pricing models
- Payroll – efficient and timely operation of payroll function - including package implementation.
- Cash management and control - appropriate for primarily cash based economy.
- Supporting the various local in-country management teams.
- Identifying and implementing profit improvement initiatives.
- Staff management and development (team of local nationals who are intelligent and eager to learn)
- Tax compliance – implementation of appropriate tax compliance routines - resolution of all prior year and future issues.
- Identify best financial practices and foster a knowledge sharing culture between finance teams.
- Billing and credit control oversight.
Other ad hoc duties including, but not limited to pricing.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Part Qualified Accountant
PQE (ideally with management experience in a corporate operational environment )
Staff management and development.
Skills and abilities
- Able to integrate into an environment that is very different from the UK
- Able to foster a knowledge sharing culture within the finance team
- Strong excel skills highly desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Initiative - Self Starter able to work without close management supervision.
- Integrity – do the right thing in a fast moving commercial environment.
- Patience and perseverance. “Can do” attitude
Able to integrate into an environment that is very different from the UK: long periods away, hostile environment (with appropriate security and associated limitations on freedom)
- Strong character: Able to thrive in a potentially intense environment.
Potentially long hours whilst in country
Jobs that might be of interest:Accounts Receivable Clerk - G4S Cash Solutions - Centurion
Apply now Service Desk and Field Engineer
Location: Centurion Pretoria
Apply now Billing Support Specialist (24 hours part-time)
Apply now Trainee Payroll and Pensions Administrator
Location: Worksop, Nottinghamshire
Apply now Company Accountant
Location: Worksop, Nottinghamshire S81 7QF