Financial Controller Kabul 72750
Financial ControllerLocation: Kabul | Salary: 72750 | Posted: 12 Feb 2019 | Closes: 12 Mar 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Risk Management | Region / Division: North Africa, Middle East and Southern Asia | Reference: G4S/TP/3285557/144937
9 weeks working 3 weeks leave
3 months probationary period
90 days notice after probationary period
Flights to and from post and during rotation
Financial Controller – financial control, reporting, forecasting and compliance duties for various roles in Afghanistan.
Accommodation will be provided in secure compound locations. The incumbent will be required to travel within the region on occasion and secure transport facilities will be provided for this purpose.
- Financial Control – process ownership. Responsible for maintaining, improving and enforcing fit for purpose processes in the business unit across the country.
- Developing financial models and communicating to non-finance managers.
- Debtors and creditor management.
- Payroll – efficient and timely operation of payroll function - including package implementation.
- Cash management and control - appropriate for primarily cash based economy.
- Corporate reporting – timely and accurate reporting to the India Shared Service Centre and Business unit management.(month-end, budgeting, forecasting, etc)
- Supporting the various local in-country management teams.
- Identifying and implementing profit improvement initiatives.
- Staff management and development (team of local nationals who are intelligent and eager to learn)
- Tax compliance – implementation of appropriate tax compliance routines - resolution of all prior year and future issues.
- Identify best financial practices and foster a knowledge sharing culture between finance teams.
- Billing and credit control oversight.
Other ad hoc duties including, but not limited to pricing.
KPI of the role:
- Ability to manage all deliverables to time and to satisfaction.
- Accurate and timely reporting.
- Strong and effective financial controls.
- Supporting the business and developing good working relationships in country.
- Developing strong working relationships with Head Office, India SSC, Finance counterparts and external advisers.
- Tax Compliance.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Qualified Accountant
PQE (ideally with management experience in a corporate operational environment )
Staff management and development.
Skills and abilities
- Able to integrate into an environment that is very different from the UK
- Able to foster a knowledge sharing culture within the finance team
- Strong excel skills highly desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Initiative - Self Starter able to work without close management supervision.
- Integrity – do the right thing in a fast moving commercial environment.
- Patience and perseverance. “Can do” attitude
Able to integrate into an environment that is very different from the UK: long periods away, hostile environment (with appropriate security and associated limitations on freedom)
Jobs that might be of interest: