Finance Supervisor Wellingborough £26,000
Finance SupervisorLocation: Wellingborough | Salary: £26,000 | Posted: 23 Sep 2021 | Closes: 14 Oct 2021 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: UK Central Government Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland | Reference: 10561
HMP Five Wells, Wellingborough, NN8 2NG
£26,000 per annum
Full Time, permanent, 40 hours per week
This is a great opportunity to be a part of something exciting!
A brand new contract, Team, large scale employment opportunities; HMP Five Wells in Wellingborough will set a standard for new build prisons of the future, using forward-thinking design and technology. The Prison will be the UK’s first purpose-built, resettlement Prison. With the expected opening in early 2022, a one of a kind new generation category C new build Prison for the future; HMP Five Wells will be an integral part of the local community.
G4S Care & Rehabilitation Services (CaRS) already successfully manages 4 prisons, one secure training centre and a number of community contracts in England and Wales. The philosophy of our prisons is to rehabilitate offenders and equip them to re-integrate into mainstream society on release. We seek to normalise prison conditions as far as possible to reflect life in the outside community. Our aim is to create an environment in which staff and prisoners feel safe.
We are looking for a dynamic individual who can work individually using their own initiative or as part of a team to join our Care & Rehabilitation Services team. Reporting to the Head of Audit, Quality and Compliance, the core function of the role is to manage a team of administrators to provide a financial administrative service to HM Five Wells.
Key Responsibilities of this role are:
- Coach and support staff to maximise their performance and ensure values, ethical standards, equality and diversity, policies and procedures and contractual requirements are met.
- Oversee the purchasing and Resident transaction systems, to ensure that the Resident accounts are correctly maintained.
- Assist in investigating cost data on behalf of relevant stakeholders for their consideration to enable effective budget management.
- Complete documentation to ensure that reconciliation’s are completed to relevant deadlines.
- Liaise with suppliers and generate a client base of appropriate companies, to ensure that terms and conditions are maintained in line with company standards and policies.
- Respond to Resident queries in accordance with the relevant standards to meet contractual requirements.
- Ensure the maintenance of security within the prison environment by compliance with security instructions.
- Have a good working knowledge of excel, and all google applications including mail, sheets and docs.
- Assist in the promotion of creating a positive Health & Safety culture across the site leading by example, this includes reporting accidents and near misses in a timely manner & follow the applicable safe systems of work for the role.
Essential Skills and Knowledge
- Previous experience of financial reconciliations
- Good numeracy skills and ability to work to a high degree of accuracy
- Understanding of the fundamentals of financial administration.
- Ability to extract financial data.
The Ideal Candidate:
The ideal candidate for this role will have the ability to work to tight deadlines, have the ability to prioritise workload and challenge where necessary. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must, as well as working proactively and using your own initiative. It is key that you are flexible and adaptable to deal with ever-changing scenarios. You will possess strong organisational skills, have experience of working within a fast paced environment in a similar role and will be dedicated to providing a high quality service to both internal and external customers.
If you join us, you can be sure that you’ll find a secure, friendly and professional working environment and be given all the support, training and encouragement you need to build and develop a successful career with us.
Our benefits are as you would expect from a large global organisation and include a company pension, comprehensive training, career development, holiday entitlement, uniform and free parking.
Equality and Diversity is an important part of G4S Care and Rehabilitation Services. We actively encourage applications from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Please note that these vacancies are subject to a 5 year checkable history and the strict vetting standards set by G4S, and Her Majesty’s Prison and Probation Service and are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act.
You must be eligible to work in the UK and must have been resident in the UK for a minimum period of 3 years. You will also need to provide full details of your employment and education history for the last 5 years as part of the security screening process for this role.
Jobs that might be of interest:Accounts Assistant (Maternity cover 14 months fixed-term contract)
Location: Worksop, Nottinghamshire S81 7QF
Apply now Service Desk Analyst
Location: Centurion Pretoria
Apply now Service Desk and Field Engineer
Location: Centurion Pretoria
Apply now Settlements Team Leader
Apply now Settlements Administrator: G4S Deposita South Africa