Finance Manager United Kingdom, United Kingdom Up to 60000
Finance ManagerLocation: United Kingdom, United Kingdom | Salary: Up to 60000 | Posted: 27 Aug 2019 | Business Unit: UK Secure Solutions | Contracted Hours: Full-time | Employee Status: Fixed Term | Reference: 190001B2-internal
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Interim Finance Manager to join our Fire & Security Systems Business in Tewkesbury on a 12-month FTC.
This is a wide ranging, hands-on role, centred around the financial management and control of UK Installation and Service activities. The role encompasses responsibility for monthly and annual reporting obligations for the business unit, together with day to day oversight of Project Accounting, Inventory and General Ledger ERP modules.
The successful candidate should be able to identify and promote opportunities for change in the pursuit of organisational efficiency. This will require good co-ordination and communication skills, coupled with a close attention to detail.
· Supervision of three staff
· Ensure Inventory movements and values are accurately reflected in GL.
· Close liaison with Purchasing, Stores and Customer Services.
· Analysis of Stock Obsolescence Provisions.
· Ensure prompt Purchase Invoice Matching of Stock related supplier invoices.
· Responsible for the accurate maintenance of the Project Accounting system.
· Approve coding of installation sales invoices.
· Ensuring the accurate input of timesheet data, supplier invoices and stock issues.
· Close liaison with Operations Dept, in agreeing accruals and margin declaration.
· Provision of accurate margin analyses to Senior Management
· Preparation and posting of GL Journals
· Providing accounting analyses - both regular and adhoc.
· Prompt reconciliation of all relevant GL accounts.
· Produce the monthly accounts to a 4-day timetable.
· Variance Analysis.
· Preparation of monthly pack for Management.
· Contract accounting.
· Preparation of annual budget and monthly forecasts
· Previous experience within a Finance Manager role, within a relevant industry.
· Qualified Accountant -ACMA/ACCA/ACA – min 5 years
· Project Accounting experience
· Knowledge of related business KPI’s
· Financial Accounting experience
· Advanced Excel skills
· The ability to communicate and influence at all levels with all Departments
F&S - G4S Fire & Security Systems (UK) is part of
G4S Secure Solutions (UK), the UK’s largest private provider of security
solutions. G4S Fire & Security Systems (UK) is the leading integrator of
fire and security solutions with a fully accredited 24 x 7 monitoring centre
for fire, security and location-based services, protecting everything from
small offices and schools to large multi-national organisations and high
Jobs that might be of interest: