Finance Manager - G4S Secure Solutions - Centurion Centurion Market related
Finance Manager - G4S Secure Solutions - CenturionLocation: Centurion | Salary: Market related | Posted: 4 May 2022 | Closes: 18 May 2022 | Job Type: Full Time and Permanent | Business Unit: South Africa - Secure Solutions | Region / Division: Africa | Reference: Finance Manager l G4S Secure Solutions
Remuneration and benefits will be commensurate with the seniority of the role and in compliance with company remuneration policy and practice.
G4S has a vacancy for a Finance Manager based in Centurion.
Reporting to the Head of Finance the Finance Manager is responsible for ensuring the accurate and timely administration/completion of the finance process in line with company policies and procedures.
The successful incumbent is a self-starter with a proven track record in maintaining company policy, adopting best practices, and is able to exercise sound judgement in the pursuit of the achievement of the goals of the organisation, and understanding the role which management plays within a successful business unit. The incumbent will be expected to be results driven and to live the values of the organisation.
Main Purpose of Position:
The Finance Manager coordinates the provision of effective financial support services within the region, in compliance with legislation and Company policies and procedures.
Ensure regional compliance with Company Financial policies in respect of budget and forecast processes
- Preparation and timely submission of accurate forecasts of monthly results, facilitating implementation of proactive measures to obviate unacceptable outcomes.
- Maintenance of expenditure within approved levels by ensuring compliance with budgetary control procedures.
- Oversight of all financial controls within the region, adhering to company and group guidelines
Ensure regional compliance with Company accounting and administrative practices, in conformance with legislation and generally accepted accounting practice
- Timeous and accurate processing of decentralized accounting transactions on the G4S finance system, maintaining accurate and detailed records with supporting source documentation.
- Overview of the regional revenue position, implementing effective credit control measures to ensure that cash flow is maximised.
- Oversight and review of regional balance sheet reconciliations
- General financial management of regional costs, purchase orders, business expenses and expenditure
- Manage expenditure against budget
- Ensure correct allocation of costs against budget
- Ensure that expenditure is supported by valid supporting documentation
- Ensure that expenditure is approved at correct levels
- Review regional revenue reconciliations
- Review regional labour cost earnings
- Analysis and evaluation of monthly accounts, reviewing actual performance against budget, identifying trends and highlighting variances, providing accurate management information to the Regional Operations Director.
Preparation of monthly reports and analysis
- Preparation and timeous submission of accurate trade review packs, forecasts of monthly results, facilitating implementation of proactive measures to obviate unacceptable outcomes.
- Analysis and evaluation of monthly accounts, reviewing actual performance against budget, identifying trends and highlighting variances, providing accurate management information to the Regional Operations Director and Head Office
- Submission of all required reports and analysis of the financial position of the region, including but not exclusive to overtime, costs, cash flow and revenue.
- Review, process and manage the allocation of costs, journals and transactions for the region
Health and Safety (as the responsibility of each employee)
- Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the branch/region/national safety plans for each year.
- Participate in safety forums created by company for example safety meetings and safety talks
- Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
- Discuss all safety incidents on all levels
- Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
- Attend safety education and refresher programmes
- Comply with safety policies and procedures at workplace
- Distribute safety information as and when required
The Ideal Candidate:
- Relevant tertiary finance qualification essential
- Minimum of 5 years relevant working experience
- Financial and cost control experience essential
- Advanced computer literacy with specific reference to Excel/Sheets
Skills and Attributes:
- Financial and commercial acumen
- Dealing with changing circumstances
- Understanding the organisation’s goals and objectives
- Delivering objectives
- Dealing with complexity
- Acting professionally
- Delivering great customer service
- Attention to detail
About the Company:
G4S is the world’s leading international security solutions group, which specialises in outsourced business processes in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat. G4S is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. G4S has operations in more than 125 countries and 657,000 employees.
G4S operates in over 25 countries in Africa and employs over 105 000 people on the continent. At G4S South Africa, our vision is to be recognised as the leader in providing security solutions. We therefore endeavour to build and maintain a motivated, capable workforce who are proud to work for our region and able to deliver our commercial strategy. We continue to build on the excellent people management practices which are in place across the Group in order to fully engage our workforce.
G4S is an organisation which is defined by its values, which are:
- We act with Integrity and Respect - Our business activities and relationships are built on trust, honesty and openness. We do what we promise and always strive to do the right thing. We listen. We treat our colleagues, customers and those in our care with the utmost respect.
- We are passionate about Safety, Security and Service Excellence - We are passionate about working safely and take great care to protect our colleagues and customers from harm. We are experts in security and use that knowledge to protect our customer’s assets. We keep our promises and are passionate about delivering high levels of customer service.
- We achieve this through Innovation and Teamwork - We invest in technology and best practice to continuously improve the products and services we offer. We challenge ourselves to find new ways of helping our customers achieve their goals. We work together as a team, valuing everyone’s contribution, to ensure we achieve the best results for our customers and our business.
For more information on G4S, please visit: www.g4s.com
Jobs that might be of interest:Accountant | G4S Secure Solutions | Centurion
Apply now Fleet Administrator | G4S Secure Solutions | Centurion
Location: Centurion - Gauteng
Apply now Billing Systems Administrator
Location: Chancery, Sutton
Apply now Strategic Credit Controller
Apply now Accounts Assistant